A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Sunday, July 06, 2008

I'm Exhausted!


Federer & Nadal

Congratulations to Rafa Nadal on winning Wimbledon. It was exhausting to watch their epic match. I don't know how those two men did it! Exhilarating and intense. GG and I were on our feet the whole final set. We were too focused to just sit and watch politely. I was holding my breath a couple of times.

Neither one of us had a clear favorite and were happy just to watch two superb athletes compete. Wow!

Fantastic match. Historic.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger nath said...

I really thought Federer would win once he came back from 2 sets... sad :( I thought the whole tournament was really exciting and dramatic... but in the end... none of my favorites won :( but yeah, epic match from Federer and Nadal...

3:29 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nath, could you believe Federer put that sweater and long pants on while Nadal was jumping into the stands? RF looked so GQ and classy didn't he?

11:21 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Hey Rosie :d I didn't see the end... seriously, when I saw that Nadal broke Federer and was about to win... i lost interest LOL :)

4:31 AM PDT  
Blogger Lori said...

Wasn't it amazing?!?! We were yelling and screaming! The kids came back to our room wondering what was going on. They asked... "All that screaming - you're watching tennis?"

9:49 AM PDT  
Blogger Karen Scott said...

Best men's final for a long time. I was for Nadal, all the way. In fact, all of my favourite sports people won this weekend.

4:08 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nath, how you walked away I'll never know.

Lori, both of our boys were gone so there we were standing in front of the TV spellbound. Neither one of us could sit still.

Karen, seeing Nadal interviewed right after the match made me realize how young he is. So fierce, so competitive and so young. Did you see the awkward interviews John McEnroe did with each player? Painful...verra verra painful.

6:42 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home