A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Do you know...

It's here my peeps. Autumn and the merry month of October. I love the Fall don't you? This year is going to be full of lots of changes and surprises.

Things are changing at work as I continue to learn lots of new stuff about a whole new job. My goddaughter and niece is getting married in a few weeks. My brother is getting ready for the arrival of a new baby really any day now... Just lots to think about and look forward to.

Not the least of which is my lack of time to read posts. I'm up to 380 in my Google Reader these days. I'm only reading about 5-10 a day. I just haven't had a good block of time to go through them all...yet. I'm being stubborn again and refusing to just press delete and move on. Don't judge, just love me. Okey dokey?

I did take my handy dandy book list and do some shopping tonight. Normally Tuesday is a swimming night, but I worked late and GG had a horrible day at work so we decided to give ourselves a break. Of course for me it's Tuesday and a break means the bookstore. Good thing I have a man who doesn't mind stuff like that huh?

Anyway, here's my loot:

COME THE NIGHT by Susan Krinard

KING OF SWORD AND SKY by CL Wilson (I can't wait!)

SEDUCE ME AT SUNRISE by Lisa Kleypas (if she writes it I will buy it!)

SECRET DESIRES OF A GENTLEMAN by Laura Lee Guhrke

NIGHT FALL by Cherry Adair

What you may ask am I reading right now? Actually I'm doing a re-read. Yes, it is an insane thing to do with so many books in my TBR. But, but, but... I felt I HAD to re-read LION'S BRIDE by Iris Johansen because after more than 10 years she is going to be releasing a brand spanking new historical in December. This new historical is linked to LION'S BRIDE. So you see I really did HAVE to re-read LION'S BRIDE. I've barely cracked it and am anxious to see if it stands the test of time. More on that later.

Hopefully, tomorrow I'll put up my pitiful September reading list. It's not pretty people, not pretty at all.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger ~ames~ said...

Hear hear on September being a pitiful reading month. 6 is my number. EEK But work had be busy busy busy.

Good haul Rosie. :P

And your family is going to have a busy month. A wedding and a new baby! Exciting.

4:15 AM PDT  
Blogger Dev said...

I bought the LK and LLG books also. I can't believe you didn't get the new JQ!. I'm not sure we can be friends anymore.......

Sounds like it's been busy in your world. I miss you out here in blogland.

7:01 AM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

I'm getting ready to do my September recap for my blog - and whoa doggie - it be fugly. Oh well.

Thanks for the tip about Lion's Bride being linked to the upcoming historical! I did not know that. Now I need to make sure we have copies of LB floating around the library system.....

8:24 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

LOL, sure you have to re-read Lion's Bride, but perhaps not now? Anyhow, what's the joy of buying books if you don't re-read them?!?!

You know, about Google Reader... perhaps you should purge the number of blogs you're following? That would help a little no?

I hope you enjoy the new LLG... and just in case you didn't read my review, I LOVED IT :)

9:26 AM PDT  
Blogger Holly said...

SM@S was fabulous. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

I just read Lion's Bride for the first a year or two ago and adored it. It made me want to glom all her old historicals (I've slowly been working on that). I'm not sure how I feel about the new historical coming out.

12:52 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Ames, yes, we are going to have a very exciting month. My bro didn't find out the sex of the baby so we are all excited about that.

Dev, you don't get rid of me so easily my pretty... I already read the JQ as an ARC. I haven't bought it because I was sort of disappointed. Let's talk after you read it. K?

Wow! Really? I helped the truly Super Librarian? Well that made my day.

Nathie, you are always trying to get me to trim my blog roll. NO WAY! I must read and know all...'member? I'm a Nosy Nora and must venture to all corners of Romancelandia and see what's the haps. That's good news about the LLG. Can't wait!

Holly, crikeys now I don't know whether to read the Kleypas or the LLG first. You guys make it so difficult to choose. As for Johansen's older historicals, well they are pretty darn good aren't they?

8:16 PM PDT  
Blogger AuthorM said...

I hear you on needing a break...I just had two days off and I need some more to recover!

M

6:32 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home