A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Babies and Brides...or Brides and Babies

IT'S A ...





NOT A ...






I started a post this morning while I was waiting for Shmoo. The engine light came back on in his car and he had to take it in. The upside is that I went into work a bit later. The downside is there was no extra sleeping time involved.

Anyway I thought I'd dash off a quick note because as I've mentioned previously my sisters will be here for the bridal shower. The shower I unfortunately keep referring to as the "baby" shower. Uh-oh. Not good. I don't know why this keeps happening. The bride is most definitely NOT pregnant? It does not, however, stop me from talking about the baby shower on Saturday. Aieeee Carumba!

It's unlikely I will do any posting, blog hopping, etc. this weekend. I probably will also not be doing any reading. Bummer. I will be drinking wine with friends, gabbing with my sisters and doling out advice to unsuspecting young women. My kind of fun all around.

So take it easy out there. I'll be around.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger CindyS said...

Okay, try not to say that in front of the Bride - she'll starve herself for weeks!!

I call Thanksgiving Easter and Easter Thanksgiving - have no clue why but my brain just skips a beat. It's probably because I'm Thankful when Spring arrives ;)

Have fun!!

Cindys

11:40 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Cindy, I'm not half as worried about the bride as I am about her father, my brother. He'll kill me. Of course my other sisters and GG find the whole thing hilarious. Apparently the harder I try NOT to say 'baby shower' the worse I get.

12:46 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, you're going drinking WITHOUT me??

1:55 AM PDT  
Blogger Sam said...

baby - bridal - whowers - too great reasons for a party!
:-)
At any rate, Congratulations to the bride! I hope she gets lots of useful and lovely gifts!

5:43 AM PDT  
Blogger Sam said...

showers, not whowers.
I'm a bit overdosed on coffee this morning... lol

5:43 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Gabrielle, I'll think about you... but it's just not the same is it?

Sam, whowers, showers, puh-tay-toe, poe-tah-toe it's all good.

6:57 AM PDT  
Blogger Becky said...

"Doliing out advice on unsuspecting young women"

LOL!

It's all part of her initiation into married life, lol.

Congratulations to your niece. Hope it's a wonderful occasion for her.

7:32 AM PDT  
Blogger Luann said...

I hope you have as much fun with your sisters this weekend as I had with mine on our Grand Canyon week.

10:35 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Becky, a woman's gotta do what a woman's gotta do...

Luann, thanks. Just being with them is a party.

7:48 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

LOL, it's okay :) we all knew what you meant :) Hope you have fun with your sisters and the italian aunts!! :O)

2:26 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home