A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Monday, October 06, 2008

It's a Boy!



This is my 14th nephew whose has already been dubbed 'Wonka' by a couple of his slightly older male cousins. Little Wonka's Mom barely weighs more than he does. My SIL is about 110 lbs soaking wet and hardly looked pregnant when I saw her two weeks ago. LW came in at 9 lbs 7 ozs and 21 1/2 inches. Ouch!

This little guy makes my 28th nephew or niece. So there are 30 grandchildren on my side of the family counting my two boys. 16 boys and 14 girls. Pretty evenly divided. The ages range from my 32-year old niece who now has two children of her own, to little Wonka not even a day old at this writing.

I also have 8 great nieces and nephews and one on the way. Fuh-reaky that. One day you are one of the half pint kids running around at your grandparents house and before you know it all the half pints are running around at your house. Surreal.

So, welcome little Wonka. I can't wait to get my hands on you. Hopefully your Mommy will be able to bring you to your first family wedding in just under three weeks. Live large kid. There's a lot of love out here waiting for you.

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Marg said...

Wow! He sure had a lot of family! Lucky boy!

1:59 AM PDT  
Blogger Kristie (J) said...

Wow indeed!!! You have a real large extended family!! And that's a pretty big little guy for such a tiny mama!

4:37 AM PDT  
Blogger KT Grant said...

AWWWWWW Wonka, like the chocolate, so sweet! :D

5:31 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

He's really cute!! :) and wow, you have such a large family :) It must be fun, fun, fun! :)

and ouch for mama ^_^; Was it her first baby?

6:35 AM PDT  
Blogger Jennifer B. said...

Wish you could cuddle and smell a picture. He is perfect. Sigh. Congrats Aunt Rosie!

6:51 AM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

Awww, a new one to add to the crew! Congrats!

CindyS

7:12 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Thanks everyone. He's a cutie and a keeper.

I guess I'd never mentioned I'm one of 9 siblings. When you put it that perspective 30 grandchildren aren't so much...are they?

Oh and Nath, nope. He's the second baby for my brother and SIL. His sister is 3 and she was barely 7 lbs when she was born.

7:20 AM PDT  
Blogger Lori said...

Congrats!! And 9 lbs 7 ozs? Ow. I thought 8 lb 8 oz was big. Sheesh!

7:31 AM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

Carrying a 9 lb. baby and she didn't look pregnant? Those are some seriously good genes right there.

8:28 AM PDT  
Blogger Jenster said...

Aw...

6:55 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Thanks again everyone. He's a keeper! Keeper! Keeper!

9:51 AM PDT  
Blogger Luann said...

Congratulations, Rosie! He's a handsome little guy ("little" being relative . . . were I the one giving birth to him, I might not think "little"). Children are the epitomy of love . . . enjoy him! Welcome to the world little one!

11:47 AM PDT  
Blogger Tracy said...

Awwww LW is adorable. Congrats on the addition to your family!

12:26 PM PDT  
Blogger Casee said...

Congratulations! That's a lot of nieces and nephews!

Omg, I can't even imagine a 9lb baby. Your poor SIL.

8:33 AM PDT  
Blogger lisabea said...

Yay for Rosie! *G*

And...zoinks! That's a big adorable boy!

4:54 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home