A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Zapped by Zeek!




Zeek got me!

This is a meme that is pretty easy to get into and requires very little effort. It's also timely as I just finished the "nearest book".

Here are the rules:
Grab the nearest book. Open the book to page 56. Find the fifth sentence. Post the text of the next two to five sentences in your journal/blog along with these instructions.


Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one: pick the closest. Tag five other people to do the same.

"He would have taken an army if you asked him to conquer a town. He could not take one to conquer a mulberry tree. He says he has no honor, but you can see that's not true."


I just finished reading LION'S BRIDE. It's still good. It was originally published in 1996 and holds up well. There was an excerpt of Ms. Johansen's new historical coming out in December 2008 in the back of the re-release of TLB. It looks like THE TREASURE is Kadar and Selene's story. Finally.

I'm not tagging anyone, but I like these kinds of memes because I'm always curious about what everyone is reading. So if you likey, join us AND let me know.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger lisabea said...

I likey,but I always forget!

I should pick up some old Johanna Lindsey novel to do this with...

Hi Rosie. How you doin'?

5:45 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

I'm pretty darn groovy Lb, how's by you? Oh and if you need something to post, this is an easy meme to do.

11:54 PM PDT  
Blogger Holly said...

It looks like THE TREASURE is Kadar and Selene's story. Finally.

Oooh, really? I didn't know that. Excellent. I always wondered if she'd write it.

I got tagged for this also. I think I'm going to do it tomorrow. ;)

12:51 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Holly, yeah, the blurb for THE TREASURE was reasonably enticing. I'll have to read it of course.

11:27 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home