A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, October 03, 2008

September Reading List

This is not much of a list at all. What happened to September anyway? I swear it's all a blur. One moment it was September 1st and the next it was October 1st. Aside from a baby bridal shower I couldn't tell you one thing about the whole month.

Oh, I remember something about a DIK dust-up from some blog hopping other than that... Who am I? What am I? Where am I? You get my drift. Heh. Drift. I amuse myself sometimes.

Here's the sadder but wiser September book list. Seven is a 'list'. Right? Of course I'm now at 50% (give or take) of what I used to call a normal reading month.

I know I keep harping on this topic, but I'm completely befuddled with where my time goes. I'm thinking I live in two realities. There's the reality I'm stuck in now and there's one where I read more. I want it the reading reality back. Like right now.


Heart Fate by Robin D. Owens B
I really enjoy this series and look forward to each new book. Why though did her publisher have to release her last two books in trade size? They don't fit on the shelves with the other paperbacks in the series. Aaargh!

Dark Curse by Christine Feehan B
Carpathians in HC. I've clearly lost my mind. What can I say? I was in the mood for it.

Outlaw Lovers 4: Tyler's Woman by Jan Springer C
An ebook from Ellora's Cave. I've read the others in the series. They're sketchy and uneven, but again, I was in the mood, browsing and remembered the series.

The Invitation by Lacy Danes C
This was a Spice Brief ebook. I have little recollection and no interest to go looking for it to recall. That's not a good sign.

Deep in the Valley by Robyn Carr C
I know. I know. I should like these more. Good writing, just not enough going on for me. Oh, and I think this is a re-release of this one.

Hot Property by Susan Johnson C-
The hero isn't a total a$$ hole. That's a departure for her.

Private Places an anthology by Robin Schone, Claudia Dain, Allyson James and Shiloh Walker

I read both the Schone and Walker's stories and was pretty pleased with them. I'd give them both a 'B'. This one is still on my night stand and I'll probably give the other stories a try over the month of October. You know as filler between ALLLLLLL the books I'm reading.

A girl can dream can't she?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger nath said...

LOL, like I said on my blog, i think if you have more than 3 to 5 reads, that's a good start :)

and seriously, I agree with you... whenever you try to remember something, it's always all a blur :(

Sorry you're not enjoying the Carr more than that :( but it's nice that you keep giving it a try :)

Hope you get to read more this month :) (think about next week's long week-end!!)

6:50 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nath, I'm relieved about October reading already. I'm almost done with LION'S BRIDE a decently lengthy book and have like 3 stacked up to read instead of diving into my tbr and trying to decide on a book.

We also took last night off from swimming because we were just so dang tired. It helped to catch up on my blog hopping, do some reading and extra sleep.

Mmmmmmm...

That's me less frazzled and happy I got to read.

6:58 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

LOL, it's hard when you have so much stuff to do... I totally get you :) and yes, it's easier when you know what you're going to read next instead of going to your TBR pile.. isn't that sad, given the size of our TBR piles?

7:22 AM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

The hero isn't a total a$$ hole. That's a departure for her.

ROFLMAO!

This seems to be the direction Susan Johnson is moving in. I reviewed one of her last Brava historicals when I was still with TRR and the hero was practically mellow.

8:02 AM PDT  
Blogger Jennifer B. said...

Rosie - I bought Private Places for the Allyson James story--only because I loved the Captain Lacey Regency mysteries she wrote as Ashley Gardner. Thinking I'll read this one next, now that you're September recap put it top of mind. Thanks!

7:02 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

JenB, I guess I should check out the Allyson James story then huh? I haven't read her before. Who knows what might happen, which I guess is the point of the anthologies.

7:22 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home