A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, November 21, 2008

Almost a month...

I realized this morning that it's been almost a month since I've been in my blogging groove. Four weeks to be exact. Looking back on the last four weeks I realize how many special events or projects I've had between work and home and think to myself, "no wonder!"

I was very tired when I did my post yesterday. Pretty pathetic huh? Lordy. I call those sorts of posts my shameless appeal for attention. Look away from the train wreck people...

Anyway, the next two weeks it's Thanksgiving and then the following week the annual banquet at work. Fortunately most of the grunt work and planning that I have to do for these two events is already done so I'm feeling pretty darn good about that.

Miraculously I have been able to do a little bit of reading and fit in our SoCal blogger get together. That's the stuff that fuels the rest of my life.

Tomorrow morning GG, Shmoo and I are going to a charity fund raiser. A pancake breakfast. A pancake breakfast where firefighters will be serving us. I can't wait. It should be fun.

I also have Beanie coming home for Thanksgiving to look forward to. He'll be home for most of the weekend. Things have been slow at his regular job so he's been looking for a second one. He called yesterday to say he got hired... Guess where. Toys R Us. If you knew my son that I fondly call 'Peter Pan' you would know why he's so wildly happy at 22 and a junior in college to be working at a toy store. I wish I could convey to you how hilarious and funny he was on the phone yesterday. What do you say to someone who got to put Legos together as part of the job interview?

That's it for now. I must be off to work.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

That is so funny about your son being so jazzed about that job, lol. (It's hilarious that legos were part of the interview, too.)

Whew! Things sound really hectic for you, but now comes all the fun stuff over the HOlidays. You'll get your groove back. ;)

9:08 AM PST  
Blogger Tracy said...

I think it's great that Beanie's gonna have the job at TRU and that he's excited about it. Hopefully it will stay exciting after he starts. Something tells me they won't let him play with all that many toys while he's on the job! lol

You've been a busy little camper so don't apologize for not blogging all that much. It's just nice to know that you're alive and well - you'll get your blogging groove back soon enough. :)

10:11 AM PST  
Blogger WarriorM said...

It's pretty sad when we only communicate through Blogger! Our busy lives and busy guys keep us occupied, to say the least!

I'm thrilled for the Beanster! My 3hooligans are going to be so excited to hear his news!:-)

On the job front, I just finished a sub orientation at the school district and am completing my paperwork. Pray for me, I don't know if subbing is really what I want to do, but I need to get out of the house!

1:15 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Becky, Beanie's other job is casual labor at Roadway. Can you see why he'd be excited to be with toys now? :)

Tracy, I have to tell you I think it will take a while for the bloom to wear off the rose on this one. That kid luuuuurves the toy store.

Mary, my Mary, it is ridiculous we have taken to communicating on the internet. Somehow we must work in a phone call. Love you and to the schmenkies too.

12:45 PM PST  
Blogger nath said...

Hey, Beanie is really lucky! Being able to find a work at some place he likes!!

I hope you had fun at the pancake breakfast and you were able to rest this week-end :D

4:18 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nath, he's had a few days to let everything sink in and the Beanster is still pretty happy.

6:12 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home