A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Monday, November 03, 2008

October Reading List

Ten books in October. Of course it took me until January 2009 to get the list done. I'm nothing if not tenacious when I've made a commitment. It appears I'm on a historical binge these days and I'm reading multiple authors. Two by Johansen, two by Kleypas and two by Jodi Thomas. Wow!

LION'S BRIDE by Iris Johansen
Re-read. Still good and holds up. B++


SEDUCE ME AT SUNRISE by Lisa Kleypas
Finally, Kev & Win's book. See my review. B


BROKEN WING by Judith James
This was a rec from Kristie who's made it her latest mission to have us all read it. See my review. B


PROMISES REVEAL by Sarah McCarty
This is the long awaited Rev's book and a part of Ms. McCarty's acclaimed and much loved (by me!) Promise series. I'm giving it a 'B' but have to admit I expected so much more from the author.

TWISTED CREEK by Jodi Thomas
Allie & Nana inherit a café in Twisted Creek. We meet the other loners that live nearby. This was a very good book and I forever thank Dev for her recommendation of it. B++


STRANGER by Megan Hart
Grace is a funeral director who pays for sex. Sam is home for his father's funeral. I received the ARC in October and read it. I did the review in January 2009 when the book came out. B++


A WALLFLOWER CHRISTMAS by Lisa Kleypas
Rafe, wallflowers Lillian & Daisy's brother comes to England. I enjoyed this addition to the series. B


DARK SUMMER by Iris Johansen
A killer and a vet. There's more than meets the eye. Quintessential Johansen thriller. B

ULTIMATE WEAPON by Shannon McKenna
This is Tamara & Val Janos' book. He's interesting and makes the book for me. I thought this was a bit more complex from one of my secret favorites. B


TALL, DARK AND TEXAN by Jodi Thomas
This is actually the third installment of the Whispering Mountain novels. I'm reading them out of order but don't think it matters. This is the oldest brother, Teagen McMurray's story. I read this one first and enjoyed it very much. B
+

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Dang, you reminded me that I still need to read Ultimate Weapon. McKenna is one of the few authors I'll buy in trade. I can't seem to wait for MM.

I just read Broken Wing and liked it, but didn't love it.

And I agree, I was a tad disappointed by Promises Reveal, but you and I have already talked about that one.

I've heard so many wonderful things about Jodi Thomas. I must put her on my list. That $100 in holiday online GC is burning a hole in my pocket!

8:46 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Lori, $100 GC? Lucky you! Although I was thrilled that Shmoo gave me a $25 GC for B&N. At least I've got him on the right track. You won't regret reading Jodi Thomas. I've seen her books forever and am glad I finally gave her a try. I read some of her westerns in November. I put that list up too.

10:32 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home