A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, November 28, 2008

"Mark all as Read"

I read over half of the almost 800 posts I was behind and when I got it down to 304 I made the executive decision to click "mark all as read". It didn't make me feel better to do it, but at least now I'm starting with a clean slate and can hope to keep up... I think.

On to other news. The plan every Thanksgiving weekend is to eat well, start our Christmas decorating, specifically the outside lights, and see some movies. This week we've already seen TWILIGHT and AUSTRALIA.

We saw the Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman historical epic AUSTRALIA Wednesday night. Two hours and 45 minutes people. Epic is definitely the word too. The photograpy of Australia is sweeping and larger than life. Kidman and Jackman definitely have some chemistry. I have to say I did have a bit of a swoon when Mr. Jackman was shirtless and soapy. The dude has been working out and looks incredible. Incredible. He certainly rang my chimes anyway.

Additionally, since I'm a woman who doesn't mind a little chest hair, I was very happy to see Monsieur Jackman wasn't lasered or waxed. He looked appropriately intense and manly.

So, big pictures, big story, and some sizzling chemisty. I just don't know if it needed to be 2 hours and 45 minutes. OTOH, I don't regret seeing it at all.

How's that for conflicted, contradictory and confusing?

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger KT Grant said...

How many times was Hugh without his shirt on? There is this one scene where he and Nicole are in the desert and he dumps a bucket of water over him, without shirt.
Sigh.

8:32 AM PST  
Blogger nath said...

LOL, totally understandable :D I think the executive decision was a good one!

Sounds like you had a good time this week at the movies :D

10:22 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Kate, how does one measure the number of times Hugh is without his shirt when there are entire scenes played shirtless? He just looked very, very sexy.


Nath, I actually had some more time today to pick up a few more of the past blogs. I'm so happy people are sticking with me. I really have missed talking about books. Thank God for a long weekend and some down time.

4:58 PM PST  
Blogger Marg said...

I really want to go and see Australia, but I don't think that I can take my 10 year old son to see it. There is no way he would last 2 hours 40 minutes at a movie that interested him, let alone one that didn't really! All my babysitter's are out of town, so I am not sure if it is going to happen!

9:09 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Marg, I hope you get a chance to go see it in a theater. Seeing that topography of Australia on the big screen is so awesome. Although, maybe it will seem old hat to you.

8:47 AM PST  
Blogger Marg said...

I don't think it will Rosie, because the parts of Australia where the filming was and where the movie is set are very different to suburban Melbourne!

12:25 PM PST  
Blogger sula said...

I totally want to see this movie. Hugh Jackman is scrumdidlicumptious. But I have to know...does it end ok? Cuz I don't wanna sit through 3 hours of film for a sad lovers-parted ending. uh uh.

:)

5:23 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Marg, I hope you get to see AUSTRALIA then because the panoramic scenery is incredible.

sula, dah-link, I would have warned you already if it didn't end okay. Go hither and watch. Like I said it's epic, beautifully filmed and Hugh is all-that and a bag of chips.

6:50 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home