A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Monday, November 24, 2008

The week that was...

What a week! I'm thinking I have used up all my disposable time karma or something. Still not getting my stuff together. No, don't sympathize. I've come unraveled and need to figure things out again. Kick my butt into gear here!

Since the blogger get together last Saturday I think I've been on my home computer a total of like an hour. I try planning things differently but am beginning to think I'm sabotaging myself, but that's conversation for a therapist...that I'm not seeing. Yet. *insert maniacal laugh*

I'm mentioning it just because it so unusual for us, but I had a fight, not an argument, a fight...with GG last night. I'm still agitated and we haven't made up. And, 'no' I won't tell you about it. Yet. I mention it because of the agitation and Lord knows what I'm typing.

Is it un-American to have steak for Thanksgiving dinner? None of us are in the mood for turkey.

We started Christmas shopping this past weekend. Not even for sales do I go out shopping over Thanksgiving weekend. Besides this year our anniversary falls on Saturday. Anyway, I spent way to much money in Crate and Barrel, but found a couple of things for family in there. I also got some new clothes.

Oh, Shmoo went to see TWILIGHT with his GF on Friday and told us we had to go see it. I haven't read the books and previously hadn't been too interested, but Shmoo insisted so off we all went yesterday. Beanie came home for his cousin's birthday party on Saturday night and so stayed over and went to the movie with us too.

Have any of you seen it? Those two lead actors have a lot of chemistry. Shmoo loved the clothes that Edward wore. He now is hunting for a pea-coat. We live in SoCal where the temperatures rarely drop below freezing and the kid wants a pea-coat.

Anyway, the movie was pretty good and is obviously the beginning of a very lucrative franchise. My boys all got a kick of how the young girls audibly sigh the first time Edward appears on screen. Too cute and too funny.

Done for today. Gotta go get ready for work. I'm thankful I only have two work days this week.


Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Fights are no fun. Hopefully GG will soon admit he was wrong (cuz, I just know he was - I mean, certainly you weren't wrong!) and you guys can get back to normal.

Steak for Thanksgiving is not un-American. We did steak for Easter one year.

Eh, on Twilight. I tried listening to the first book on audio and gave up around Chapter 8. Was bored out of my skull. Of course I've been officially over the paranormal craze for about 3 years - so you probably shouldn't go by me.

And Shmoo has good taste. I love pea coats. But yeah, not very practical in So. Cal. LOL

8:30 AM PST  
Blogger KT Grant said...

I have a big peacoat from an army/ navy store that I float in but keeps me oh so warm. I am going to see Twilight this weekend. I will keep my eye out for the peacoats in the movie.

8:44 AM PST  
Blogger Holly said...

LOL @ Schmoo wanting to dress like Edward. That's hilarious.

MM and I recently had a fight, too. It's strange, b/c it was over something really silly and in the end neither of us could figure out why it turned so ugly (I still say it was stress). It's hard for us, because like you, we rarely fight. We have arguments all the time, but we never fight. Hope GG realizes he was a putz and apologizes soon. :P

Miss you!

9:50 AM PST  
Blogger WarriorM said...

"Let them eat steak!" That's what I say.

I didn't read the Twilight books, but after all of the hype over the movie, I ordered the first one on ebay and will read it before I go to the movie. Peacoats are cool, by the way, even though it's way too warm to wear one!

I'm sorry about the fight. I'm sure it may have something to do with your crazy busy life and all of the stress along with it. You two will work it out (read: Greg will admit he was wrong for sex soon)!

Have you heard from our Bro?

10:11 AM PST  
Blogger Lori said...

Awwww, I'm sorry that you guys fought. Like Wendy said, he'll figure it out soon.

Make a steak! Why not? I made pork roast one year for Rosh Hashanah, LOL. My mom was not amused, but the rest of us truly enjoyed it!

And, yeah, about Twilight, no desire to see it. I haven't read any of them either. Bob's wondering if we should get the book for Jeff for the holidays. Meh.

10:39 AM PST  
Blogger nath said...

Sorry about the fight... but once in a while, it can only be healthy :D and think about the "make up" part :D

LOL at Schmoo!! Holly, don't at Schmoo wanting a pea-coat... when I went to see Twilight, they had those mannequins and they were giving out coupons to this store that had clothes like Bella ^_^;

Glad you enjoyed the movie :D

12:47 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Wendy, no my dear, SL, fights are no fun. What really got me was he went right to sleep after. I did my usual stewing and fretting. Bastard!

Katie, I passed on the info about the Army/Navy surplus store. I know Shmoo's on a mission so I'm sure it's only a matter of time before a peacoat is hanging in the hall closet.

Holls, our started out as a "discussion" about Beanie and his college grades and took a left turn. I'm blaming my arthritis flare up that's making me testy. However, that doesn't mean that GG still wasn't a putz and didn't take a cheap shot that turned the "discussion" into an argument. Oh, and thanks for missing me. It feels good to be missed.

Mary, Mary, good Gawd we need to talk on the phone. Soon. Yes, spoke to NoCal bro over the weekend. He's in NYC right now. Things seem calmer. And, no worries, we are having steak.

Lori, one of the things that makes GG and I work as a couple is that neither one of us likes it when we are in turmoil. Shortly after writing my post he called me yesterday morning. We talked all during my work commute and basically made up. Well, the kind of making up you do on the phone until you see each other in person. ;)

Nath, Shmoo has been back to see the movie again! Three times already. The hunt for the peacoat is on...

6:57 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home