A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Things that make me go....hmmmmmm...




Have you ever listened to a song and been completely captured by the music and lyrics? Did you ever ponder in amazement and wonder where the inspiration came from for that performer or song writer?

Then by happenstance you read an interview or see an interview and think... WTF??? You are mystified how a song that touched you so deeply could have been written by such a chowder head.

Have you ever been completely captured by an actor's performance and then saw a picture of them or a segment on ACCESS HOLLYWOOD and had that magical movie forever ruined by the actor's a$$hat behavior?

Did you ever read a sexually explicit scene in a book and felt completely convicted that the author HAD to have been a part of such a scene themselves because it feels that real and tangible? You later meet the author and think maybe they've never had sex in their lives. Ever.

Yes dear readers, these are the things I might be contemplating during my morning commute. Things that might lead my mind to wander which in turn results in a traffic violation.

So, tell me, is this light RED?


Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Bridget Locke said...

LOL! This post made me snort, esp. the part about authors. I've seen some authors who write super smokin' hawt sex who look like they've never stepped outside of their cave, let alone had sex. Scary. :D

12:44 AM PST  
Blogger AuthorM said...

...well, what's worse, the author who writes convincing, delicious hot sex but doesn't look like she's had any?

...or the author who writes a lot of sex and feels free to tell everyone she meets that she does all her own research, has done *everything* she writes about, and by the way, her husband has a huuuuuuuuuge (fill in the blank) and what's your favorite sex position? Hmmm?

:)

M

9:52 AM PST  
Blogger Marg said...

LOL @ Rosie.

My commute is when I sort through all the things that I have done at work that day and come up with a lot of the solutions to problems. I can't tell you how many times I have gone into the bosses office and said I was thinking while I was driving home and I think we should do ya da yada whatever.

Funnily enough, the same does not happen to me when I catch the train, only when I drive.

11:39 AM PST  
Blogger Tracy said...

Oh it's amazing what a morning or evening commute can do to our brains. When I would ride the train to Burbank my mind would go in a million different directions.

And YES to all you've said. How CAN a chowder head right such perfect music and lyrics? And I say do away with all actor interviews - they're almost always a movie ruiner for me! lol

12:07 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Bridget, it's not just how someone looks or behaves, what I'm getting at is we admire these people for their talents that earn them a living then don't expect them to be human.

Meghan, yeah, I wouldn't be "known" or famous for anything. All that judgment all the time. Blech! What I wasn't clear about is that you read a smokin' hot love scene and meet an author that seems like a Sunday school teacher, or maybe she tells you she's a Sunday school teacher. Could happen, right? Why not? It just doesn't reconcile in the mind because you know, I've got a preconceived idea of who the author/actor/singer/painter is...

As for my favorite sex position, well.... Oh? You didn't really want to know? ;-)

Marg, yeah, well I wish I could ride a bus or train to work I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'm not all that wild about driving. As recent events have pointed out to me graphically.

Tracy, I sort of feel bad that seeing a well known person behaving badly in "real" life can influence me that way, but it does. However, it doesn't mean that time doesn't pass and I don't go to another movie, buy another book or watch another interview. I'm fickle that way.

10:55 PM PST  
Blogger AuthorM said...

Rosie-- I'm with you, though. People in general should behave appropriately in public. People who have "public" jobs, even more so.

5:24 AM PST  
Blogger Kristie (J) said...

'Cause I'm the nosy one *g* which actor was an ass hat on Access Hollywood???
And yup - I contemplate strange things on the way to work too

3:58 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Kristie, I wasn't being specific I was speaking in general when someone you previously admired does an interview and acts inappropriately and can sour you on their work...

8:36 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home