A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

December Reading List

Let me start my saying this: A miracle has happened and I'm actually posting this in a timely manner. Well timely for me as it is within the first week after the month of reading. I don't think I've done that since August last year.

December was bleak people. I read a total of four books. Now that's just sad. I didn't do much book shopping either. I bought lots of books and DVDs for gifts, but little to none in the way of reading material for myself. Since ye olde TBR is around 300 books I guess that's a good thing.

Here's my four:

THE TREASURE by Iris Johansen
I mentioned this one while I was reading it. It returns to the same period and characters as LIONS BRIDE. As I mentioned while I was reading it, I was disappointed by the dialogue in particular. The characters all sounded the same. Of course I wouldn't miss reading it because it's Selene's and Kadar's book. Kadar remains a very interesting character for me. C

UNTAMED by Pamela Clare
This is the second book in the MacKinnon's Rangers series. This time we are following Morgan MacKinnon. I really like this time period, think Last of the Mohicans. Without personally knowing a whole lot about the time period the story appears to be well researched. It was a good read, but the male characters are much more interesting than the females. I think Amalie, the heroine, was a little wimpy. Having said that I still gave it a 'B'.

STRANGE BEDPERSONS by Jennifer Crusie
This book was originally published in 1994 and completely off my radar. At least I didn't (and don't) remember reading it way back then. It also wasn't on my bookshelves so I figured I was safe to read it. It's been re-released in hardcover so that's kind of a bummer. Here we have a conservative lawyer and a hippie do-gooder who shouldn't have anything in common. It holds up pretty well and I enjoyed it as a light read. B

MURDER GAME by Christine Feehan
I've mentioned before how much I like the Ghostwalker series. This is the seventh installment. Some of the books are better than others and this one certainly was a better one for me. Kadan is definitely an alpha hero, so if that's not your cuppa you probably won't like this one. B+

Tomorrow I hope to have up some stats for my 2008 reading year. I'm thinking this past year might be a turning point for me.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger KT Grant said...

It seems only Pamela Clare is writing American Historical romance. And she writes it so well. :D
I want Lord William's story so badly.

5:41 AM PST  
Blogger nath said...

Yay!! Your December list :D well you know, given that you were so busy, 4 is good :D

I really like the Jennifer Crusie :D It was the first I've ever read and one of my favorites :D

Hmmm, the Game series by CF is hit and miss for me... but I might look into it :D

Glad that you're back posting, Rosie!

9:06 AM PST  
Blogger Tracy said...

Look at you posting away! :)

Strange Bedpersons was cute. Can't say I've read any of your other books though. :(

10:30 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Katie, I know Pamela Clare is the only one and that's too bad. She certainly has made the Mackinnon bunch interesting. You know more than once while reading UNTAMED I was thinking how great it would be if she would write a story for Lord William. Turning that on it's head would be so great to read.

Nath, I can always count on you to cut me some slack! But four books is really measly. I've read 3 already in January. I'm thrilled to be getting back to my regular life.

Tracy, hey if you've read one of the books I did in December then you've read 25% of the same books. *wink* *wink* Yeah look at me posting away. At least until I run out of something to say...

9:58 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home