A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Great Buddy Award



Last week Holly from What Were You Expecting? and the Book Binge gave me the Great Buddy Award. I'm always amazed and humbled when anyone recognizes me for anything. On account of because it's so always so unexpected. Not to mention, but of course I'm going to, the fact that I think of my blog as a totally selfish endeavor for me to wax on about whatever is buzzing about in my brain. Trust me when I tell you, it's a wonder and delight for me every time someone visits and comments.

Anyway, this week I'm making the decision whether or not to go to DC for RWA 2009. I'm also looking forward to a SoCal Blogger get together this Sunday, February 8th at Victoria Gardens. Lisabea is visiting from back east AND celebrating the release of her first M/M e-book from Aspen Mountain Press called GOBSMACKED by LB Gregg on Saturday, February 7th. Looky, looky... (You send 'em to school, they grow up and make you so proud. Congrats LB!)



Seeing friends and buddies figures hugely in these decisions, so it makes sense that right now I'm thinking about all the wonderful, funny, intelligent, complex women I've met on the internet that have become friends. Holly's timely post made this a golden opportunity and moment to recognize my SoCal blogger buddies.

How this all works:
1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3. Award up to ten other blogs.
4. Add links to those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message for your awardees on their blogs.

(I stole the paragraph below from Holly. Not only is she nice for nominating me... Recognizing me? Remembering me? she is also smart and funny.)

Ten sounds like a lot until you start trying to choose. But these are some of my favorite haunts, and some of my best buds.

Without further adieu...::drum roll:: The SoCal Bloggers! (Some of whom have already been nominated, but so what, right?):

Lori
Tracy
Wendy
Nikki
Holly
Rowena
Daphne
Alice
Blanche
Thea
Renee
Lisabea (honorary visitor this month)

What about you? Who are your buddies?

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

I'm always amazed how many bloggers are in our neck of the woods. It's truly unbelievable. Especially coming from Michigan where I felt like I was in a romance reading vacuum. Really looking forward to Sunday!

8:39 AM PST  
Blogger Lori said...

Awwww, so sweet. I guess I'd better get off my hiney and get moving on this.

Can't wait to see y'all on Sunday!

8:48 AM PST  
Blogger Tracy said...

Awwww thanks Rosie! I need to do this! lol I think it's more than appropriate to do the So Cal Bloggers. :) (only 2 days now! yippee!

8:53 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Zeekie, it do feel good.

Wendy, me too! Our little group is growing up!

Lori, I always have a great time when we get together, so I'm excited to. Can't wait to see who your buddies are.

Tracy, mwah!

1:54 PM PST  
Blogger lbgregg said...

You guys are the bestest.

5:34 PM PST  
Blogger Lori said...

K, I've posted them. I'm sure you'll be shocked to see I gave the award right back to you, LOL!! Yeah, I'm a little incestuous.

6:37 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Lori, I'm on my way to check it out.

7:40 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home