A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Sunday, February 08, 2009

Bye-Bye...All Gone



The famous 'simply gorgeous' auteur LB Gregg has taken off for parts unknown to us peasants. The SoCal Blogger gabfest get-together was, in a word, surreal. I turned to Tracy at one point and said, "I'm having a surreal moment. I met all these people online and here we are in the flesh with so much to talk about." Tracy said, "I know! Isn't it great?"

Eleven women who read books. Lots and lots of books. That's ... well, it's really something and all the words I could think of to put there just are not adequate enough.

Conversation in our car going home:

Me: Wasn't that amazing? Did you see all of us when we were swapping books? (rhetorical...he was right there.)

GG: You were having fun.

Me: So much fun.

GG: J (Tracy's DH) said you looked like a gaggle of geese.

Me: *laughing* I know. She said she was going to smack him for it.
What did you think?

GG: About what.

Me: What we looked like...

GG: *Pauses and smiling* Amusing.


Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Yeah, I told My Man about the "gaggle" comment - and he said with 11 of us? We're past gaggle and are a full-fledged flock.

And look at you - Johnny on the spot with a blog post! Such an over-achiever.

6:48 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Wen, say "full fledged flock" fast three times. Yikes! Although I sorta like it. How cheesy ARE we? I texted Lisa the picture because GG took it and she posted it at her place too. Oi!

6:52 PM PST  
Blogger Tracy said...

I think Wendy's man is right...we far surpassed a gaggle! lol I had sooo much fun! And yes, it was totally surreal!

8:18 PM PST  
Blogger WarriorM said...

Oooohhhhh!! I'm so glad you had such fun (and jealous)! There's nothing better than getting together with a group of gals and talking about books, life, the beauty of chocolate.

8:22 PM PST  
Blogger Lori said...

It was a total blast. I'm just getting home, so I need to do a post eventually... And a gaggle must be what we sounded like, LOL.

8:32 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Tracy, who knew that beyond a gaggle is a full fledged flock. That Man of Wendy's is a smart dude.

WarriorM, maybe next time you'll make it too sistah. When we talk (soon!) I'll fill you in on all the doings.

Lori, it's so good for my psyche to do these things. Color me grateful.

9:12 PM PST  
Blogger Renee said...

Man, that was so much fun! You ladies are awesome!

9:27 PM PST  
Blogger CindyS said...

In the words of Liz Lemon:

I want to go there.

I'm so glad you guys have found time to get together - must be hard to organize so many people.

Isn't it sweet thought that our DH's can show up and totally smile about the way we are? That's why I love my hubby - he'd totally take me any where to meet my fellow bloggers.

Cindys

9:34 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Renee, I'm sayin' it's illegal the fun we have...

Cindy, you had me at Liz Lemon

6:32 AM PST  
Blogger nath said...

LOL, full-fledged flock!!I have to agree, 12 is a large group!! I wish I had been there!!

8:36 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nathie, I know people have already invited you, but come see us ANY time.

7:31 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home