A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Shmoo Talk

I stole this from Angie who borrowed it from her friend Penny. Sure my sons are lots older, but it was fun asking Shmoo (age 18) these questions. Lori? I'd love to see what your guys would answer.

Before I continue, let me set the scene for this little experiment. It was Sunday morning, Shmoo's GF was over and they were fixing breakfast. Fixing breakfast that involved them cooking. French toast. Enter Mom (me) sitting at counter and asking Shmoo these questions as he is cooking turkey bacon and whisking eggs for scrambled eggs.

Oh, and one more note. He didn't even question me or balk at answering. Cooking diversion and the GF are my friends. Heh.


1. What is something your mom always says to you?
You'll succeed no matter what.

2. What makes your mom happy?
When me and my brother don't fight.

3. What makes your mom sad?
When me and my brother DO fight and when I make racist jokes.
*head desk*
(Ed. Note: He knows it really, really bugs me, so of course he does it.)

4. How does your mom make you laugh?
When she thinks she's funny.


5. What was your mom like as a child?
I don't know. I wasn't alive. She bossed around my uncles.
(Ed. Note: I have sisters too, but he didn't mention them. Hmmm...)


6. How old is your mom?
54

7. How tall is your mom?
Short

8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Read. No wait... Work.

9. What does your mom do when you’re not around?
Hell if I know. Probably work.

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Diplomacy

11. What is your mom really good at?
She's good at having random conversations with people and giving advice.

GF: Your Mom is good at loving you just the way you are.


(Ed. Note: Isn't she awesome?! I'm keeping her even if he doesn't.)


12. What is your mom not very good at?
Being mean to people.

13. What does your mom do for her job?
A lot of different stuff. Coordinate stuff.

14. What is your mom’s favorite food?
I don't know. What is your favorite food? Spaghetti?

15. What makes you proud of your mom?
She raised me and didn't kill me.

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Uh... (turns to GF) what's the name of the nice Power Puff girl? You know, the leader with the red hair?
GF: I don't know who you're talking about.
Shmoo: Her. You'd be her, the red haired one.

17. What do you and your mom do together?
I do her shredding at work. (Laughs) We talk when I come home at night.

18. How are you and your mom the same?
We are the only two funny people in the family.

19. How are you and your mom different?
I'm A LOT funnier. I'm arrogant.
(Ed. Note: Amen to the arrogant comment!)


20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Cuz she hasn't kicked me out yet.

21. Where is your mom’s favorite place to go?
*tcha* *eye roll* The bookstore. You really going to put this on your blog?

Me: *Tcha* *Eye roll* Yes!

Labels: , ,

19 Comments:

Blogger sula said...

LOL! That's way too cute. Sounds like quite a young man you've raised there. :)

4:50 AM PST  
Blogger Kristie (J) said...

Aaaaaah - I loved that!! Being the mom of two sons who are remarkably undemonstrative, I love that your Schmoo answered all those questions for you. And some of his answers are priceless so you give him a hug for me. I'd love to ask mine those questions but it's very debatable whether they'd answer them or not - but I might just give it a try, if not for my own curiosity.

4:52 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

sula, he's equal parts sweet as can be and a royal pain, but he's all mine...well for now he is.

Kristie, I highly recommend asking them when they are busy doing something else or are distracted. It was fun and actually I was surprised at some of his answers. Who knew?

6:49 AM PST  
Blogger Lori said...

Uh, yeah. I saw it on Angie's blog, too. But frankly, I've been in full bitch mode for a few weeks, so I was too scared to do it!!

Love his answers. Maybe I'll work up the nerve.

8:22 AM PST  
Blogger Wendy said...

LOL - Cuz she hasn't kicked me out yet. Although I'm a little disturbed that he thinks your favorite thing to do is work.

9:05 AM PST  
Blogger Tracy said...

LOL that was too cute. I have to do this with my girls - they'll love it. :)

9:30 AM PST  
Blogger nath said...

Great post Rosie!! Love the answer! It just sucks that I don't have kids to pester!!

The bookstore LOL :)

Lori, do it!! :D

9:54 AM PST  
Blogger Blanche said...

How neat Rosie......that was really cute!! :)I should ask my kids those questions....kind of afraid to though! LOL

10:31 AM PST  
Blogger Renee said...

I love it! Esp. #15. lol

I think I'm looking into my future. (12 more years to go.)

1:17 PM PST  
Blogger WarriorM said...

I love this! I can totally hear his voice as he answers these questions.

4:59 PM PST  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

Awwww! What a fun post.

8:09 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

OMG! Lori, I was in a seminar today and read your email on my phone and almost lost it when I read this, "But frankly, I've been in full bitch mode for a few weeks...". Ahhh...living in an all male household ain't for wimps.

Wendy, yeah, well, the work thing is his perspective. Besides, we just cut out all overtime at work, so he'll be seeing a lot more of me.

Tracy, I hope more people go ahead and do this. I'll look forward to yours. It's surprising what our kids perspective of us is.

Nath, do your sister and substitute sister for mother. It's fun. Do eet!

Blanche, I totally understand the fear factor. I thought Shmoo would shoot me down altogether or take advantage and say something, you know, snotty. I was most pleasantly surprised.

Renee, Shmoo seemed supremely pleased I have survived raising him and neither one of us is in jail. *eye roll* I gotta think it's a boy thing.

Mary, I'd love, love, love to see what S the D would answer. Of course I could say that about any one of your boys. Huh, maybe I'll do a little experiment while they are visiting their Aunt Ro-Ro.

Ames, you should do one with your younger brother. It might surprise you. Again I say...do eet!

8:21 PM PST  
Blogger Holly said...

Ok, this made my morning. How freaking cute are you two (and the GF is a peach!)? I might have to do this with The Girl, just to see what she says...I know what LM would say about my age: "She's almost 30 but she tries to pretend she's 25."

Heh

9:12 AM PST  
Blogger nath said...

Nah, Rosie. It really wouldn't be the same. LOL, I don't know, but I don't show my love to my sister at all ^_^;

10:12 AM PST  
Blogger CindyS said...

"4. How does your mom make you laugh?
When she thinks she's funny."

Your boy is too funny! Just when you thought you had a wicked sense of humour every time he laughed. Goofball ;)

Cindys

9:33 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Holly, Shmoo is usually such a PITA I really didn't expect him to smoothly go through all the questions and answers. He IS an 18-yo male after all. As you can see I'm encouraging everyone to do it because it is so funny to see our kid's perspective of us.

Nath, you are being a wimp! :D I bet you and your sister would laugh your butts off if you asked her these questions.

Cindy, the thing is, Shmoo thinks he is, and I quote, "freakin' hilarious". Therefore anyone else's attempts at humor are cause for his amusement. After all when you're an 18-year old male isn't the world supposed to be made to your order? *eye roll* So young. So much testosterone.

6:39 AM PST  
Blogger Amy C said...

Hi, Rosie,
I haven't been to your blog before today. I read Tracy's little interview with her kids and was curious about yours. So fun to read. I might try this with my son later :).

7:17 AM PST  
Blogger Luann said...

That was very cool! I'm going to email my son and see if I can get him to answer those questions. Pretty enlightening stuff and yours was all good!

8:22 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Amy, it's a hoot and I highly recommend it. It's so interesting to see our kids perspective of us.

Luann,, my money is on your son. He's a good guy and will do it with you I'm sure.

8:04 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home