A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Attitude of Gratitude

It's early morning and since the pool is closed today I have been doing some quiet pondering. I'm having a moment. You know those little snippets of time where you are moved almost to tears by the sheer magnitude of the blessings in your life... Yeah, I'm having one of those. The thing about feeling thankful for your blessings is that once you start thinking about it one thing leads to another and you find that you have a whole list of things.


1. Thursday night I swam my first mile of 2009. I've been hovering at 50 lengths for what seems like forever and Thursday night I swam 64... a mile! It's been since last Fall since I've been able to do that.

2. Work is busier than ever, but I'm so grateful for my job.

3. Reading has been such a joy recently. It just fills those vacant spaces. The wonder of a book can take you anywhere, make you experience things you never thought to experience. It's just the best thing and I'm so grateful to have the means to buy the books I enjoy and the eyesight to read them and a family who's tolerant of my past time.

4. Beanie did well this semester and is off of academic probation. Praise be!

5. Shmoo has discovered boogie boarding and while he wipes out frequently he still has all his parts.

6. GG still has his job.

7. All those close to me are hale and hearty and well.

8. My relationship with GG continues to be a wonder and a gift. It feels like I won the husband lottery. He's just it for me.

Do you ever get in one of these moods? Right now, this second as you read this, what is the one thing that pops in your mind immediately that you are grateful for?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger CindyS said...

So many things!

Bob - I won the husband lottery too!

Family who thinks I'm funny and love even though they don't have a clue what's wrong with me ;)

That Bob still has his job & enjoys it too!

Those rare times I am in the presence of a baby & the mom doesn't care if I make googly eyes at them.

Having enough. Sure you want more but when you step back, you don't need more.

Okay, congrats on the kids doing well, GG with a job and you swimming your first mile of 2009!

Go you!

CindyS

10:32 PM PDT  
Blogger WarriorM said...

YOU! First thing that pops in my head. Since Mom died and I'm always so far away, it seems such a blessing to have you as a touch stone. I'm grateful for our relationship and what it brings to my life. Of course, Craig is the one thing that keeps me sane, safe and so loved ALWAYS! I too am a lucky girl. I hope all is well and hopefully we'll talk soon.

8:53 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Such a great post, Rosie :)

Good to hear from you :)

9:28 AM PDT  
Blogger Tracy said...

Both your post and your sisters comment has left me in tears. I think it's because so few of us sit down and really think about all of the wonderful things/people we have in our lives.

Right at this moment I'm so very grateful for my family. My hubby and kids, but also my parents. They are all such amazing people and I don't know what I'd do without them.

K - now I have to go cry in my coffee. :)

10:33 AM PDT  
Blogger Becky said...

Yes, with so much going on in the lives of those around me hardship wise, I feel very blessed and thankful to have a good job, a steady, enjoyable marriage and family life, and just an all around full life.

Great post, Rosie.

8:33 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Boy I'm naughty. Look at all these great comments I didn't acknowledge here. I'm grateful that all of you, any of you comment at all. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

8:36 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home