A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Silly and Superficial

It's the little things in life that make all the difference. I mentioned earlier in the week I'd gotten my purse and some great gad-about shoes for DC. Here in their superficial glory and my over-the-top giddiness are the goods.

The purse...


This was a splurge and obscenely affordable at a recent Macy's sale. It's officially called the Dooney & Bourke Medium Lucy Bag (Sunflower) with Twisted Strap. I call it my yellow purse with the awesome red insides. BTW, if you go to the link don't faint whenyou see the price. I paid less than the sales price listed. Much less. Gotta love a sale!

Totally superficial. Totally silly. It fits my shoulder, it isn't too heavy and can hold lots of stuff. These are all the prerequisites of a good travel purse for me.

The Shoes... SANUK Sidewalk Surfers. Love 'em! Comfy light and an impulse buy. So far so good. I'll let you know how it goes. I hate when my feet hurt. Ask anyone whose had the misfortune to be with me when I'm complaining.



Of course, just like last year I'm struggling with finding something "nice" to wear for evening type outings. Don't have a clue as yet. Also don't have anything to wear either. Despite my excitement over this purse and shoes, I really don't like shopping...

Well, except for books.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger nath said...

I like your purse :) I think it's perfect for RWA :)

and wow, lucky you paid less than sale price, because... seriously? LOL :) Gotta love sales!

4:32 AM PDT  
Blogger Jenster said...

Superficial is NOT silly!! Love the purse. And those shoes are really cute. Let us know how they work out. I'm always looking for cute, comfy shoes for work.

4:34 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nath, it was a total fluke about the sale. I just wandered into it. Don't you love when that happens?

Jen, it truly is the little things in life, like comfortable shoes that don't look like Aunt Fanny's ortho cushioned oxfords that make all the difference. BTW, Sanuk makes the Sidewalk Surfers in a gazillion colors with slightly different design variances. Also, if you decide to try a pair shop around because price was widely varied from like $29 to $50 for the same shoe.

6:47 AM PDT  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

Nice purse! D&B is a good brand. And score on the sale!

Cute shoes too. :P

7:20 AM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

I need a new dress. I also need to get myself some new black heels - but this is an on-going need and not one just for RWA. Sigh, I also should find another pair of capris. But other than that? I think I'm good. Just need to motivate myself to go shopping....because I really don't like to go shopping.

9:27 AM PDT  
Blogger Tracy said...

So cute! You'll look great with your new shoes and handbag! :)

11:03 AM PDT  
Blogger sula said...

rockin the style, girl! I probably need a new handbag, but I'm just too lazy and cheap to go look for one. blah. And shoes...how i love to shop for them. and how DF does NOT understand how one needs more than just a black pair and a brown pair. pfft...men.

6:40 PM PDT  
Blogger Becky said...

It's all about comfort and practicality when you're going to spend a lot of time walking.

Love the handbag, and getting it on sale makes it even better!

10:52 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Ames, it's my first D&B. It looks sturdy and well made, very important for me cuz I'm hard on a purse. I have high hopes for this little number.l

Wendy, um...yeah, a new dress would be good for me too. I loathe shopping. I hate trying on, picking out... just everything about it.

Tracy, I tried the shoes out all day yesterday when I had to run a bunch of errands, and had a couple of doctor's appointments. They were like wearing slippers. Which, of course, means I'd like to have another pair.

Sula, I have to beg GG to get new shoes. He wears them to a nub. Sometimes I just go get the exact same pair and replace them. It's just easier than arguing.

Becky, so true on comfort and style. I see cuter purses all the time but they either look like they would disintegrate with the load of stuff I carry around or they are too small, or have too many moving parts for me to break off. Simple is way better for me. Easier too.

10:46 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home