A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Monday, April 27, 2009

To be or not to be...THAT IS the question.

Let's just hit the high points shall we?

1. Nope not dead in a ditch. Or sick. My back is still creaking and giving me some fits, but I'm mostly my regular self.

2. I've been reading like there's no tomorrow. I can't remember the last time I cranked out 5 or more books in a week, but I did this past week. I read all 4 of the Mercy Thompson books by Patricia Briggs AND her Alpha/Omega (related) book CRY WOLF. Yesterday, I finished TO BEGUILE A BEAST by Elizabeth Hoyt. Let me just say I was very, very glad I had the Briggs books in my tbr to glom. Also, if you are a fan of Ms. Hoyt, this new book is a great addition to her soldiers series.

3. Apparently when I'm reading I can't write or blog hop. Sorry about that. I was mesmerized. I also expected things to be a bit easier at work this past week and they weren't. No hugs or words of sympathy needed. I'm fine, but the reading was a welcome escape and once I got home facing a computer screen was one of the last things I wanted to do.

4. For the second time in recent history I will probably be deleting posts from my google reader... not because I don't love you and all the places I visit, but my obsessive compulsive self can't possibly deal with the 597 posts that have accumulated the last time I was brave enough to check them.

5. In the process of going shopping with Shmoo to spend his birthday gift of cash on some new clothes he wanted I found a fabulous pair of shoes for walking in DC. I also took advantage of a killer sale in Macy's and bought a new handbag for the trip as well. Hey it may not seem like much, but my feet and my purse are serious business. I'm ecstatic at this point. As for clothes? Well if you are in DC and you were in SF last year expect to see a lot of the same stuff. Just sayin'.

So let's sum up...

Not dead in a ditch. Reading lots. Behind with blogging and blog hopping. Have new shoes and purse for DC. No blogging or blog hopping.

I figure it's all good. There's certainly lots of room for improvement.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger ~ames~ said...

Hey Rosie! Aren't the Mercy books awesome?

Glad you're not dead in a ditch. I can relate with the not wanting to look at a computer screen when you get home from work. I think that's what's been going on with me for the last little while.

And I'm a purse freak - so give me some deets! LOL

5:24 AM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

Yeah, you're not dead in a ditch! I spent the weekend finishing up an HH and hitting a UBS going out of business sale (in Huntington Beach). I really need to do a blog post about that....

8:25 AM PDT  
Blogger Tracy said...

I have to say I am more than happy that the ditch didn't get you!

When I read a ton I don't blog hop either so I understand completely. Didn't you just love the Alpha and Omega/Cry Wolf story? Not having read the Mercy Thompson series I'm not sure how they're related but those I just adored.

oooh - shopping is fun! And purses and shoes are my biggest weakness! My oldest daughter loves the fact that I pass on my purses. She's becoming a purse freak too!

Good to hear from you!

11:54 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Hi Rosie!!

I was wondering where you were! I thought you were busy with work though :) LOL, well at least, you're reading :) It's really hard to juggle with both. It's kind of surprising how hard it is to juggle everything!

Can't wait to read your thoughts on Mercy Thompson... which do you prefer, Mercy Thompson series or Alpha/Omega series?

LOL, sounds like you're ready for the RWA... new shoes, new bag, new laptop...

1:43 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Ames, I'll try to post a picture of the shoes and the purse later. Love that purse!

Wendy, work has been difficult the past couple of weeks. So being able to escape into reading has been a welcome respite. I can also escape into blogging, but those Mercy Thompson books called to me.

Tracy, I'm glad the ditch didn't get me either! You know it's been liberating to be doing all this reading and just letting go of the blogging for a week or so. I do miss the interaction, but I really enjoyed the books.

I've got a girl crush on Mercy so, I can't say I like to the Alpha/Omega stories better. You should try Mercy. Don't wait like I did.

Nathie, yep, a purse,good walking shoes, and a laptop, what more could a girl ask for? Never mind, don't answer that.

I love Mercy. I'm hoping to get my writing groove on and get some coherent thoughts posted in the next couple of weeks.

6:46 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

We all understand reading - it's always a good reason to be away from blogging. I have been missing everyone though :(

Ah, well, real life does have a way of pushing in on us.

CindyS

5:35 PM PDT  
Blogger Renee said...

Yay! I'm so glad you enjoyed Mercy so much, and have joined the ranks of fan girls.
Ooh, the new Hoyt! I can't wait to read that one. It sounds like your offline time has been well spent.

Glad you're back, not in a ditch, and having a good time shopping and reading! :-)

8:54 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home