A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, May 08, 2009

Born to Run...

Well GG is anyway... Born to run I mean.  If there is one thing I don't get though, it's running.  I admire it.  The beauty and the discipline of it are awe-inspiring, but I sure don't get someone wanting to beat up their body like that.  

Anyway, we are off to the Central Valley for a half marathon. GG is running with the Road Warriors, my sister's group, to raise money for WWP. I told you about this a few times recently. Anyway we are off for the weekend. 

So much for all my resolve to keep current with the blog.  *sigh*  I have, however, already done my May re-read for Nath's challenge. Not telling what it is either... There's a couple more clouds with silver lining for the weekend, since GG insists on doing all the driving that means lots of reading time in the car for me. Wa-hoo! Plus I get to see my sister and The Stair Steps.  That's always a hoot.

Oh yeah, here's a nugget of news for you to chew on. I bought a recent release in a series that I said I was D-O-N-E with.  Can you guess what it is? I plan to put up a review of it next week. 

Guess what else?! I went to see the new STAR TREK movie last night with GG, Shmoo and Shmoo's GF.  Here's my review:  Fun movie!  I don't think you have to be a trekkie to enjoy it, but Trekkies will be in heaven.  On the other hand, the director JJ Abrams has sort of reinvented the wheel here too.  The movie is well cast, action packed and just plain fun to watch.




Gotta finish packing now so I better get going. I'm bringing the new laptop with me so who knows, I may end up getting in some blog-time in this weekend.

Have a great Mother's Day!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Heh, Wendy ratted you out. For shame, Rosie, for shame! LOL!!!

We're going to see Star Trek tomorrow. Have a great weekend :)

7:59 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Have fun Rosie! :) Get a lot of books read :) You can come back to us next week :)

and lucky you, you got to see that Star Trek movie. I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

12:11 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Lori,SL is inn sooo much trouble! I did always say that i swore off the series except for this character's book. Which, not to give away my review, I'm glad I read even though the book did not change the world as we know it.

Nath, not much book buying going on. Slim pickin's for me this week. I haven't been able to find HARD & FAST by Erin McCarthy anywhere. It isn't the end of the world, but I sort of wanted to read the next one in that series. I did find the 2nd Rhyannon Byrd and I will probably read it on the way home on Sunday.

11:08 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home