A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Planning a Wedding

I may have mentioned I have another niece and family wedding this year and that my niece had asked me to marry them. With a family as large as mine we rarely have a year without some big event or other. Anyway I've been working my butt off on the ceremony. We had a very productive meeting this morning and got a lot of things finalized. Since I'm sworn to secrecy there's not a lot I can share at this time, but my sister, who's a genius when it comes to selecting music, chose this one for the bride's entrance. I love it.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Jeff and I have always enjoyed James Taylor's stuff. Very soulful.

I think there was an uptempo version of this same song in the kids movie Stuart Little 2.

8:29 PM PDT  
Blogger Tracy said...

How cool is that? You just needed anther thing on your plate! lol Good luck with everything.

8:55 PM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

You're going to marry them? As in, perform the ceremony? How cool is that?!

I love that James Taylor remade Here Comes The Sun. He signed with The Beatles' Apple Records back in the day - so that's a nice "full circle" re-making a George Harrison track.

9:26 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Sounds like fun :) I'm sure everything will be great :D

9:25 AM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

What Wendy said! You will be busy - and what a great re-make.

CindyS

6:57 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Becky, this version with JT and Yo-Yo Ma is so beautiful and not what I expected at all. I think it will be wonderful in the wedding.

Tracy, these things are labors of love. You know that better than anyone. I know I sound like a broken record, but I really do miss everyone.

SL, yes, little ole me will be performing the ceremony. I'm both elated and humbled and, of course, a nervous wreck. I just want it to be everything they hope for it to be.

Nathie, it's all good...my niece and her fiance both come from large families so it will mostly be family there.

Cindy, yes, busy, but it's fun too.

7:58 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home