A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Monday, September 28, 2009

But not the kitchen sink...


This weekend had a little bit of everything. There were the inevitable weekend chores, a very awesome and delightful So Cal Blogger get together on Saturday, and then on Sunday there was grocery shopping and reading. I managed to finish Lisa Kleypas' new book, read a Beth Kery book I picked up a the blogger swap that was an unexpected surprise. I'm currently buried in DOUBLEBLIND by Ann Aguirre. Yum! Yes, you can say "yum" about a book.

One of the topics I brought up at our blogger get together was about e-readers. Some people have them and some people don't. I don't have a particular stand about e-readers vs. print. I like looking at my favorite books sitting on a shelf in my office, but there are lots of reasons to have an e-reader that make so much sense, yet I don't have one. Go figure.

Anyway, the point I was trying to make about this and any other topic where two or more people may disagree, is that sometimes I just "mark as read" and move on when I read these posts. Is it apathetic to do so? Is it wrong to feel like on any given day on any given topic I just might not give a rat's ass?

What do you think? I'm talking about this over at Access Romance today. Why not come over and tell me what you think?

Wait! What do you mean you don't give a rat's ass? Are you telling me this is what they mean by "hoist by your own petard?"

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Rowena said...

It was so great to see you again Rosie, I need to make it out to more of those. I had a great time. So you finished the LK? Did you end up liking it or no?

I will begin it soon, just not sure when.

I'm blocked from Access Romance so I can't comment on that until I get home from work! Although, I enjoy both print books and ebooks. They each have their own uses and I use them both quite a bit.

11:29 AM PDT  
Blogger azteclady said...

I'm not blocked from AR but I get an error message (I've been trying since about ten my time)

11:50 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Rowena, it's LK! Of course I liked it. I'm anxious to talk to other people who have read it though.

AL, yes I messed up my link because I set up the post to publish on 9/29 instead of 9/28. Uh, yeah, not a shining moment for me. It's fixed now.

1:00 PM PDT  
Blogger azteclady said...

It happens to the best of us :grin:

*off to read*

2:23 PM PDT  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

I'm so jealous of those blogger meet ups. LOL

6:43 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Sounds like you had a great time :D Good for you! :)

What did you think of the LK? I thought it was okay :)

7:20 PM PDT  
Blogger Becky said...

Sorry to hear about the stiches (and them impairing your favorite pasttime), and hope you're feeling up to par again soon. I kinda know how you feel in that I cut both thumbs while helping Jericho with his science project recently, and wouldn't you know, the most tender places are the spots I normally use to cut up veggies for dinner and so forth.

I kind of like the idea of Kindle and occasionally read books and other resources online, but I'm pretty old fashioned...I love having shelves full of books around me.

7:29 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

ames, I feel so fortunate there are so many readers close enough for us to be able to do this.

nath, we always have fun when we get together. I liked the LK, maybe it's not my favorite, but I liked it.

Becky, looking at my favorite books on shelves makes me happy and I can usually immediately recall how I felt reading it. That sensory type thing can be duplicated. Although, I have to say that being able to have so many books on a memory books has its perks too.

9:20 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home