A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Horror!


by illustrator EVGENY PARFENOV

So much for my proclamation that I'm feeling better. I haven't weighed myself in a over a week and today I found that I've gained FIVE POUNDS. A couple of years ago I lost 30 pounds. I've been so proud of keeping it off and thinking I'd add losing another 30 one of these old days. Okay 20. Well really I'd be happy with another 15. Wait!  It would be 20 because now I have to lose the FIVE POUNDS I've gained. Aaaarrrrgh!!! Lordy but I get tired of losing the same weight over and over again. You'd think I'd get a freaking clue... But noooooooooooo!  

I can't even tell you how shocked I was by this weight gain. Goes to show you how important an on-going and consistent exercise routine is, not to mention careful eating. I have not been miserable taking care of myself and was in quite a comfortable routine. With recent "stuff" going on I have apparently gone way off the reserveration, or maybe *grasping at straws and hope in voice* my thyroid meds need adjusting. No? Maybe? Get a grip on reality, Rosie?

*sigh*

Summer's over. Time to get into a new routine. Gotta get rid of some more poundage. Oh did I mention GG's very favorite TV show BIGGEST LOSER is back on? He recommends it for inspiration. Should I slap him or hug him?


Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger nath said...

Big big sigh, Rosie :( Sorry to hear... at the same time, I'm happy to know I'm not the only one... I've gained about 25-30 pounds in the last couple of years... T_T

Let's try our best, Rosie!!

10:37 AM PDT  
Blogger Luann said...

Always my mantra "I keep losing the same pounds over and over". If I'd kept all thos pounds off, I would have disappeared totally by now. Not to worry, we'll get back to our old walking routine, bring our lunches, and re-focus. We shall succeed!!!

1:15 PM PDT  
Blogger Luann said...

Secondly, I'm a huge Biggest Loser fan (take that literally whichever way you wish) :-). Just hug GG, he adores you too much for you to take offense.

1:18 PM PDT  
Blogger WarriorM said...

Tell GG I'm now recording The Biggest Loser. I cried like a baby on episode 1, so who knows what I'll be like by the end of the season!

Don't fret, you always get back in the routine. I'm doing the same thing...gain, lose, gain, lose. Right now I feel like I'm working out more and gaining more, hunh?!? And don't tell me muscle weighs more than fat because my zippers are screaming too!

1:24 PM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

This time of year is always tough because it's so frackin' HOT where we live. It's hard to get motivated to exercise when it's 150 degrees outside :P

My Man and I are also way off the reservation. We're trying to get back into some sort of walking routine......

3:50 PM PDT  
Blogger KT Grant said...

Biggest Loser is my addiction!!

You are too hard on yourself.

7:21 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nathie, it takes so much focus for me to stay in an exercise routine and to eat right. Is that normal I ask you? Wouldn't you think at some point it would become habit???

Miss Lulu, the whole poundage thing is depressing. I try not to think about it too much or I probably wouldn't get out of bed in the morning. Oh, and I hugged GG. K?

WarriorM OMG! We missed the premier and watched the recording Friday night. I woke up Saturday morning with puffy eye from crying so much. This season is going wipe me out.

Wen, yeah the only exercise I was doing this summer was swimming and the wedding messed up my schedule for a couple of weeks and then the whole nose thing kept me out of the water. It's so easy to get out of your routine.

Kb, BIGGEST LOSER is GG's favorite show...ever.

7:25 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

I know, Rosie! But somehow, it's just so, so hard :(

11:05 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home