A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Not a TBR Review, but...

...I'm feeling good.  Although I seem to be writing a lot of posts these days whose titles begin with the word "not". Can that mean anything?

Today I'm just popping in to say that while I don't have a TBR Challenge post, my reading is going along just swimmingly. Consequently, no guilt.  I do want to mention that thanks to Keishon and the TBR Challenge I have a whole new attitude about my TBR. Instead of looking at it like it's a menancing pile of books mocking me for my obsession to buy books, books, and more books, I now see a treasure trove of unexplored opportunities. So, thanks Keishon.

In other news my new anti-inflammatory meds are working like aces since the whole swollen knee episode. I don't seem to be so dang tired all the time. Words don't begin to describe how liberating and wonderful that is. Since both GG and I have had some health issues lately just knowing we are both feeling better is huge. Good health is such a gift. I never want to take it for granted.

Tracy? You are a doll. You told me I was missing out by not reading the first short story in the Alpha Omega series by Patricia Briggs and you were so right. I'm reading it right now in preparation of re-reading CRY WOLF and then HUNTING GROUND. Thanks for the tip because for some crazy reason I do think it's going to make a difference when I read those other books.

Labels: , , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Kati said...

Glad you're feeling better, Rosie! It's never fun to feel ucky.

I still need to go pick up Hunting Ground. Of course, I probably won't end up reading it for ages, since I'm in the midst of the longest reading slump EVAR!

Does that stop me from buying books? Uh, no. Which then increases my TBR stack. SIGH. I'm going to get a handle on this sooner or later. No really, I am.

5:50 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Kati, I think this happens to everyone. I don't really slump per se because I can't stand to not be reading...unfortunately. I just slog through and either can only dimly remember the book or the book suffers from my malaise. It will pass.

7:05 AM PDT  
Blogger azteclady said...

(((Rosie)))

So happy you are feeling better!

7:20 AM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

The "TBR Is About Possibilities" mentality is the only reason I haven't gone completely bonkers over mine. When I think of it as a treasure hunt it seems less scary.

Glad hear the new meds are working great. Wahoo!

9:14 AM PDT  
Blogger Tracy said...

*clapping hands* Yay Rosie! I'm so glad that you decided to read the novella in the A & O series first. It really tells a good chunk of Anna's story and I don't think it should be missed when reading the series. I can't wait to see what you think of the rest.

1:01 PM PDT  
Blogger Tracy said...

OH and I'm glad you're feeling better - always good to hear.

1:02 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Thanks, AL

Wendy, I'm always amazed when I change my perspective on something how liberating it can be. It certainly is true with my tbr.

Tracy, okay I've finished the short story in the anthology and it was wonderful. Go figure. I've just started re-reading CRY WOLF and am anxious to see if I will get into it better now. More to come...

7:42 PM PDT  
Blogger Renee said...

Glad your knee is doing better! When your body is dealing with inflammation, it really does wear you out.

I'm happy to hear that you're reading the prequel to the A & O series. Tracy is so right (of course!)

11:27 PM PDT  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

I'm glad you're feeling better Rosie. You and GG. :P

5:42 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Renee, my rheumatologist tells me that about inflammation all the time when I complain about fatigue. It just seems so wrong. :-) But right now I'm feeling so happy to have more energy and not feel so drained at the end of the work day.

ames, how wise you are to include the man who has to put up with me.

6:38 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better, Rosie :D that's a good news! :)

and yay for reading Alpha & Omega. Seriously, you have to read that book to be able to fully enjoy the series, so good job LOL :)

and the TBR pile is all about choices :)

11:24 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nath, I haven't had much time since I finshed Alpha & Omega short story, but already CRY WOLF feels different reading it. Normally reading out of order isn't an issue for me, but it certainly has impacted this read.

6:17 PM PDT  
Blogger Becky said...

Glad you're feeling better.

I'm looking forward to the fall and winter months and lots more time for reading. I've not been doing enough of that lately.

10:55 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

It usually isn't for me either, but I consider Alpha & Omega to be the beginning of Cry Wolf. Personally, I don't get why those were splitted into two... well I do get it, but I think it was a bad idea.

10:46 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home