A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, October 02, 2009

Where's the Party?


FALL FESTIVUS

If there is one thing I hate it's missing a party. Maybe it's my inner Nosy Nora, or maybe it's FOMO (fear of missing out). Mostly I think it's just loathing the idea I'm going to miss a good time with friends.

Naturally I was incensed when I realized I was going to be traveling today and miss out on all of the shenanigans and happenings at Nose in a Book (lisabea). A big wang-doodle of a Fall Festivus is going on in celebration of L.B. Gregg's new book COVER ME being released today at Aspen Mountain Press.

Do I sound bitter?

Go Leece! Go L.B.!

Better?

Not one to take missing out lightly, I decided to have my own wannabe Fall Festivus with all the stuff I wanted to contribute to the real celebration, party, Fall Festivus. *throws leaves*




Of course I'm Italian so I think instead of apple cider, I'll have this.

I'll sip. I'll savor.

I might even watch this


because reading about Finn's production in COVER ME put me in the mood for Miss Adelaide and Nathan Detroit. By the time the movie is over I imagine I'll be ready to eat. Spaghetti and Italian sausage. Mmmmmm... One of my favorites.


Maybe, if I'm not too uh... "stuffed" I'll have some of these...


AND these.



I don't plan to be alone. Oooooh noooooo! GG gave me carte blanche for my make believe personal Fall Festivus. So, what the heck, I'm bringing these nice Italian boys...



because I want them to meet those other two nice boys Max and Finn from COVER ME.



Deciding what to wear is always a trial. Knowing I could go with a costume helped. I mean I had it narrowed down to my wedding dress, or some moth eaten black crepe with dried up green make up and a witches hat. I finally went with this...

I'm younger. I'm thinner. There's lots of bling. What's not to like? Although my tan's a little uneven.

I really considered wearing this...

Particularly in light of the fact that LB is responsible for my Wonder Woman wonderfulness. At the end of the day though, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. I went for the bling-bling and the almost-a-tiara-even-if-it-doesn't-light-up-like-SL Wendy's. Tomorrow? Who knows. I could be drinking green tea, eating salad and saving the world with my wonder rope.

Hey, maybe I could rope me some of those hunky Italian guys. Although the ballerina is a little young for them. Good thing I have more than one costume to choose from. Heh.

You can read my review of the fabulous COVER ME here or you can go buy it at Aspen Mountain Press.

Whew! That was quite some party even if I only ate the food I brought.

Some food... some wine... a good book... and some fine men. Why that's a recipe for a blissful life right there. *throws leaves*

HAPPY
FALL FESTIVUS!


Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger lisabea said...

::sniffle:: Thanks R.

And I LOVE the Ballerina! So wonderful!

I'll be back! I lost my entire post. Just POOF gone.

5:59 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*wading in through rustling leaves*

hey Nosey Nora twin, i didn't know my condition had a name: FOMO, i've had that forevar!

the more the merrier, except when i'm trying to read.

also...did you really say, "a big wang-doodle of a Fall Festivus"? shocking imagery there, Rosie. how naughty of you!

7:30 AM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

Why oh why have you never brought those nice Italian boys to any of our So. Cal. Blogger gatherings?!?!?!

Do you not love us anymore?

Or maybe it's because you know we'd likely scare the hell out of the poor lads. Heh.

7:56 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Great post, Rosie!! Love it :)

and yeah, FOMO - sucks. I suffer from the same! :)

Ps - not too late to bring those handsome men to the meeting :D

9:25 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Lb, what can I say? I love you.

lustyreader, FOMO people unite! Oh and yes. Big. Wang. Doodle. I use that phrase all the time.

SL, I haven't brought the nice Italian boys to the SoCal gatherings because they all are taking their mothers out to lunch. Because everyone knows nice Italian boys are mama's boys.

nathie, FOMO is he worst. Hey chiquita see you in less than a week!

9:25 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home