A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Filler

1. Yes I know I suck for not posting forever and then just doing a post that sends you to Access Romance. What can I say? That column is keeping me, barely, connected.

2. Holy guacamole! I was shocked to realize that Academy Award nominations are next week. I'm further shocked to realize that I probably will have seen hardly any of the movies nominated.

3. Are you invested in the Super Bowl? Yeah, lots of history. Yes, I know the NO Saints are the underdog that has risen from the ashes, but just because he fills out a pair of jeans so nicely, I'd have liked to see Bret Favre make it to the Super Bowl. This from a woman without a favorite team and who rarely watches a game. I collect all my info by osmosis from the men in my life.

4. January was supposed to be the "slow" month at work. Yeah, not so much.

5. I've been asked to officiate another wedding.

6. I'm more connected than ever with 3 email accounts, twitter, facebook and a blog. How is then that I hardly ever get to go out and play?

7. Lisabea is visiting SoCal and we plan to drown her in SoCal blogger love on Feb 6. Wanna have lunch with us?

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger azteclady said...

You don't suck, you have a life--and it's a busy one (((Rosie)))

I envy you the visit with the loverly lbea *sigh* Have fun for all of us who'll miss it, 'kay?

12:37 PM PST  
Blogger Wendy said...

I've been on the Saints bandwagon for the last several years - ever since they signed Drew Brees. The downside is we'll have to see more of that stupid cow Kim Kardashian on TV, since she's dating Reggie Bush. Blergh.

Yippeeeeee! Seeing Lisabea! Looks like we're going to have a good turn out for next Saturday.

3:37 PM PST  
Blogger nath said...

Oh Rosie, we can never predict how busy work will be. This is something I learned...

Cool, another wedding! LOL, the word is really spreading. Is it in your family again or colleagues?

And lucky! Another SoCal blogger meeting!

4:01 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

AL, yeah life's always a little crazy when Lb's around. HKD and Tessa Dare are joining us as well. Isn't that awesome!

Wen, next Saturday should be loads of fun and it's great to add new people to the mix. Who knew? Right? As for the Saints many and sundry speak so highly of Brees, however, as you mentioned the Kardashian Klan does take some shine off to be sure. I thought I read about a month ago KK and Reggie Bush broke up.

Yo Nathie, yeah work is always a big "X" factor. Boo!

The couple who've asked me to marry them are my niece's (not the one I married) sister in law and fiance.

12:13 PM PST  
Blogger Wendy said...

Rosie: Yeah, they "broke up" and then got back together. Or they never broke up to begin with and the tabloids got it wrong. Whatever it was - I'm sure we'll be stuck looking at her while watching the Super Bowl. Blergh.

1:35 PM PST  
Blogger Rowena said...

I'm going for the Saints because Reggie Bush plays for them. He played for the only football team that I actually support, USC and so I'm going for him just like last year, I went for the Cardinals since my boo Matt Leinart plays for them. =P

You sure are a busy bee but it's all good, we still love you sweetie and my best friend is getting married in July as well, I love weddings!

I think Kim Kardashian is pretty so I'm okay with looking at her, haha.

10:19 AM PST  
Blogger Lori said...

Busy is good. Except we miss you :)

We are totally invested in the Super Bowl. Every year. We've had a huge party ever since the kids were babies. The party was known as the Baby Bowl. We started it before my youngest was born, and now he's almost 13.

Hence the reason we need to see Lisabea on Saturday instead of Sunday *g*

And yay! Can't wait to see you!

4:02 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Wen, wow... you mean Entertainment Tonight got it WRONG?? Say it ain't so!

Rowena, okay I agree that Kim K. isn't homely, but you don't think she (and fam) are the teeniest tiniest bit over the top? Oh and I knew you were a USC fan, but I didn't know Matt L. was your boo.... Good to know.

Lori, I can't say I've never been excited about a Super Bowl, but I have to admit I'm pretty wishy washy about this one. My guys? Well that's a different story.

I miss everyone too. I'm learning not too feel panicky when I can't get online, but I'm still dealing with some residual resentment that there aren't about 4 more hours in the day. Heh.

1:28 AM PST  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

That's cool on officiating another wedding! :P

And so very jealous of another SoCal blogger meet up. I gotta get my hiney out there sometime this year! LOL

6:42 PM PST  
Blogger Holly said...

Yes, I wanna have lunch with you! Oh, wait, I am..heh

I feel you on #1. I'm sort of detached from blogging right now, though I don't know why. When I do think about blogging it usually has something to do with this weight loss thing I'm doing. Then I think, "who wants to read about that" and I let it go.

Ah neurosis, how do I love thee, let me count the ways...

Miss you!

11:14 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home