A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

One is the loneliest number...

Driving into work having a one sided conversation in my head about a book is just not the same thing as interacting with other romance readers online. It just isn't. It begs the question how I've stayed away from blogging and blog hopping for a record length of time in the almost 5 years I've been a blogger doesn't it? Well, maybe for you it doesn't but I sure wonder.

It's occurred to me several times to pack in my blog and call it a day already. Romancelandia can function just fine without one more voice in the darkness compelled to offer up her opinion. Really it can. It isn't that I can't think of stuff to say, or that I've gotten bored with writing and exchanging ideas with all of you. It has simply come down to a question of time.

I'm not special or any different than probably thousands of women across the world. I'm sure I'm no busier at work than many of you. I work an average of 45-50 hours a week. My day has gotten longer (for me) because I've added an hour of swimming or walking 6 days a week. That's the actual workout time. With travel to and from and showering after, my workouts become more like a 2-3 hour time commitment. This, as it turns out, makes all the difference in my blog time.

At first I was dividing my disposable time between reading and blogging. I missed my reading horribly. I was down to literally cramming 15 minutes here and a half hour there. Another factor was fatigue. With an hour workout added to the day I'm not up much past 11 PM these days and so my night time reading and blogging has become non-existent. It turns out GG, the boys and my other family members want me to interact some with them too. Can you believe that????

Even though I've mentioned most of this stuff before I've finally sort of wrapped my brain around the idea that my life is going through another change. If I want to enjoy my leisure time I have to learn to be less rigid and worried about stuff. It's been driving me crazy trying to "schedule" everything. *sigh* Same lesson, new day. I'm such a slow learner sometimes. So, once again it's Independence Day. I'm liberating myself to do whatever comes naturally.

There may be brief and short posts. Posts might not be as polished as I've done in the past. My blog hopping may be sporadic. I hope you will comment, email or share with me what's going on if I've happened to miss some big news you are sharing. I will do the same in return.

So it looks like I'm here to stay. I have no idea how this will all turn out in 2010, but I'm eager as ever to see what the year brings.

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger CindyS said...

I'm glad you decided to stay! We're all just voices in the dark but I for one would miss your voice. No pressure, just glad to here you will post when you can!

cindyS

1:02 PM PST  
Blogger azteclady said...

*raising hand* I so would I!

Rosie, seriously, we enjoy you--immensely--when you are here, but you have to cut yourself some slack, woman.

This is fun stuff, isn't it?


(((Rosie)))



Very glad to know you are staying around.

6:43 PM PST  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

Any post is better than no post, so as long as you pop up from that ditch once in a while...LOL

And blogging should stay fun, so don't pressure yourself! Just have a good time. :P

8:09 PM PST  
Anonymous Lusty Reader said...

hiiii Rosie! thanks for keeping us updated *breathing huge sigh of relief* i got really scared at the beginning of this post you were going to tell us good bye :( but so glad you're not! :) and good for you for sticking to your exercise goals! i look forward to seeing you around now and then.

8:12 PM PST  
Blogger Joanna Chambers said...

Well I hugely relate and I too am cutting back on blogging time - not easy, is it? But don't stress about blogging sporadically, you won't be forgotten.

And sometimes those short impulsive posts that you don't think about much turn out to be the best ones. At least mine do.

12:55 AM PST  
Blogger nath said...

I agree with everyone :D As long as you post once in a while, I'll keep reading!! If not, I'll hound you with emails and it'll be even worst!! LOL.

6:22 AM PST  
Blogger Wendy said...

One less lone voice in the darkness means one less voice in the Romancelandia chorus.

Certainly life goes on, time marches on, and if any one voice goes silent - it's sad. Is it the end of the world as we know it? Well, obviously not. None of us is that special. But it means one less voice in the chorus. One less opinion. One less link in the diversity chain.

And that gives Wendy a sad.

So yeah. Blog when you can. Do what you can. It'll all shake out eventually.

5:49 PM PST  
Blogger Christine said...

Hi Rosie.
I think a lot of bloggers go through the same thing you are going through right now at some point in time. Like you said, we all have busy lives outside of reading and blogging... and it's okay to do a little push and pull, give and take now and then to suit our needs at that point in time.

I'm glad you've decided to stick to blogging, even if it means your posting is more sporadic. When you do post, however frequent or infrequent it is, we'll come around to read what you have to say because we're your friends. That's that and it remains true whether you comment on our blogs or not. ;)

9:34 PM PST  
Blogger Holly said...

I'm so glad you decided to stay! I was so scared when I first started reading this that you'd decided to call it quits.

I would have cried. No, really.

Blog whenever you want, babe. I'll be here reading..just as sporadically as you write.

I promise.

12:22 AM PST  
Blogger Lori said...

Hey woman. Even sporadic posts keep us connected. Says the queen of sporadic.

As for bloghopping, be crazy. Start in the middle one day :)

7:52 AM PST  
Blogger Holly said...

Lori you only say that because you're in the middle. I'm on to you..*g*

9:53 AM PST  
Blogger Lori said...

Well, duh.

10:23 AM PST  
Blogger N/A said...

Uh,you can't leave just as I'm getting back into the blog world. I need you to help me create a following with all your blogger fame. Love you Aunt Ro-Ro.

2:00 PM PST  
Blogger Tracy said...

Oh thank heavens! You better not leave - I know where you live! Ok, I don't really but it was fun to say. :)

Relax and post when you can. We all seem to be short on time these days so no worries. This is only the second time I've blog hopped in 6 weeks!

4:04 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home