A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Sunday, December 06, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year...



Like most people, I love the fall and winter for the holidays they hold. Since my social life is pretty family centric this is a win-win. However, each year I'm challenged to focus on what is really important and not get "carried away". Fortunately for me I have an all-purpose, works-every-time, portable conscience barometer for just this purpose. I call it "GG".

There is nothing like hearing that deeply drawn breath before he utters one magic word. It's our own personal code. Depending on how extreme or slippery the slope, meaning my mood swings, it may go like this...

Babe!

Baaaaaay-buh...

Babe?

*eye roll* Babe.

Now Babe...

Since our Christmas shopping is almost complete I've heard all of these already.

In other news...

1. With the busy-ness of the holidays I haven't read much and obviously haven't been blogging or blogging hopping much either. It's that time of year where there just aren't enough hours in the day.

2. Beanie has entered some sort of stand-up contest at a bar. There's a purse of $500. Since he just called me yesterday on his way to work, I don't have any details. When I do I'll post 'em since a couple people mentioned interest in going to see him.

3. Shmoo has one more week of his EMT class and then his final next Saturday. He's nervous. It's been an intense 14 weeks. After he passes the class he still has to take the National Registry. Not a guy who likes school much, I'm so proud of how hard he's worked and studied. If you have a spare prayer or candle, keep him in your thoughts.

4. We still have no heat. Can you believe that? The story is too long and boring to go into, but I will say there has to be a more efficient way to put in a new unit and convert to gas (we were all electric) than the circus we've gone through this last month. Holy moly! Cuh-ray-zee!

5. I can't believe the first week of December is over and my house is only half decorated.

Well I'm off to wrap and get packages ready for mailing. I hope things aren't too crazy in your life and you are enjoying the holiday season.

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

OMG - YOU STILL DON'T HAVE HEAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Cuddle up extra close to GG. Just be careful. Cuddling up to share body heat tends to get a lot of romance heroines in trouble. Tee Hee.

2:53 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Wen, we are mostly philosophical about the no heat at this point. There is literally no other stone to kick or turn over to make the process any faster. It's a balmy 59 in my house right now. I'm hoping like hell this week is IT!

6:49 PM PST  
Blogger Joanna Chambers said...

I looooove christmas. I'm really not that much of a shopper until christmas comes along - and then....

5:42 AM PST  
Blogger Becky said...

I have one of those conscience barometers, too, lol.

Hope you are able to get heat soon...it's getting COLD here!

8:51 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Tumperkin, I know it sounds all kind of trite and precious, but in all honesty, scout's honor, I'd much rather shop for gifts for other people than shop for groceries or anything for myself or my house. It just is and never more so than this time of year.

Becky, they come in handy those conscience barometers and so portable! Gas meter gets set tomorrow, weather permitting and then the contractor comes out to fire up the unit. So maybe tomorrow, or Wednesday for sure. And, you ain't kidding about the cold. Right now it's 54 degrees INSIDE my house. Yikes!

10:30 PM PST  
Blogger nath said...

That really sucks about heat. Seriously, those things never happen on time :( I hope you get it very soon!!!

Good luck to Shmoo, I hope his exams go well. I'm sure he's going to ace it :D

Good luck to Beanie too :D Are you going to see him?

8:32 PM PST  
Blogger CindyS said...

Uh, yeah, I'm with Wendy!! There'd be no holding me back but onwards ;)

I love, love, love that you get 'babed'. That is just too uh, sexy ;)

I get 'who's that for?' or my not so favourite when I have found some fun object that just needs to be bought 'where's that going to go?'

Obviously I would prefer Babe.

And a little prayer said for Shmoo.

CindyS (tired of trying to figure out something for Bob - grrrr)

11:50 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home