A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Easter is over already?

Well Easter came and went like and whirlwind. Didn't Lent use to be longer??? Oh, what's that you say? I'm just getting older and days are going by faster? Bummer, I was afraid that was the answer.

One great thing about the weekend was that my sister, Warrior M, was here with her husband and the Stair Steps. They are getting ready to change their duty station from California to *gulp* Nebraska. The reality that Nebraska is too far to drive in a weekend strikes me every now and again. *double gulp AND heavy sigh*

They don't leave for another six weeks so we are trying to cram as much time together as we can before she moves. Of course, there will never be enough time and while I really do hate to see her move far away again, she's so happy and together and has a great husband and kids, that you can't help rejoice about all the good stuff in her life. Not to mention they already found a fabulous house to live in so, you know I'd be a real b*tch of a sister if I couldn't be thrilled for her.

Another good thing was that Beanie was given enough of a reprieve from Disney that he could be home overnight and have Easter dinner with us even if we did eat at 3 PM. Hey I was at a table with my children with a home cooked meal on a holiday. It was a red letter day.

I took a few days off last week to get all my Easter stuff done so I could spare my family my usual holiday frenzy and angst. All I will say about that is, "it worked". What can I say, but that life is a work in progress and I'm no exception to THAT rule.

I even had a little bit of time to read and was able to consume Jennifer Haymore's newest, A TOUCH OF SCANDAL. It's a follow up to A HINT OF WICKED and in October there will be a third book out also related to these first two called, A SEASON OF SEDUCTION. I was in the right mood for this historical and found it a "just right" read for me over the long holiday weekend.

So while I feel like Lent and Easter were here and gone before I knew it, we had a wonderful holiday. Color me grateful and blessed.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

I know exactly what you mean. I swear Easter was her just a week after Christmas! lol

I'm so glad that you got to sit down with your sister, her family and yours. It's a special day when that happens.

I couldn't read Haymore's first book. The whole 2 husband thing - I just couldn't.

12:41 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Sounds like you had a good time :D Too bad your sister has to move away :( That sucks... but it'll make the times you get together even more special :D

5:44 PM PDT  
Blogger Becky said...

I feel ya...I can't believe it's already come and gone. Glad your whole fam was there for the dinner.

Both of my sisters move around a lot due to the Military. One is currently in Japan. Nebraska would be much better, lol.

6:11 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home