A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Stuff you really should know...


What do you need to know? Well, for instance, Shmoo turned 20 last Friday. Can't believe that. That's him in the balloon court jester hat. Can't believe we got him to wear that at dinner. Of course, he's already moved past this birthday and is planning the big "I'm turning 21" bash for Las Vegas next year. Let's just say it's hard to keep a straight face much less discuss a trip to Vegas when one of the participants has a balloon hat on his head.

Fortunately, he wants GG and I to go, which I guess is a good thing unless it's only to pay for the whole thing. That can't be the only reason, can it? OTOH, it is a little surprising since Beanie hasn't quite forgiven us for his "family" Vegas bash. Not only did he not get drunk, (Is THAT really necessary or am I dating myself by even mentioning that?) I don't think he bought or drank any alcohol that weekend. Needless to say Shmoo has different ideas for his birthday debauchery party. Thankfully it's a year away and if the college gods are listening it will be just weeks before Beanie (finally!) graduates from college.

Speaking of Beanie... The dear boy is always up to something. His latest shenanigans include a radio show called "Geek say what?" Yes you read that right. GEEK SAY WHAT? The link is to their facebook page. The little darlings in true geek fashion have gone to a whole rash of Comic Con events around the state and have interviews and other geek type stuff up. I believe they also have links to podcasts of their radio show. I'll tell you again... I never know what he's going to do next. He's thrilled that because he's on a radio show he has press passes and doesn't have to shell out for all these events. Wish I'd known that before getting he and his GF the 4-day pass to THE Comic Con in San Diego in July. Who knew?

Beanie called me on Saturday afternoon all excited because Stan Lee walked by him at a Comic Con he went to in LA. *eye roll* He was beside himself with glee. It's a goal to try and get an interview with Mr. Lee. OTOH, he was really looking forward to meeting Adam West and passed that up when he found out West was charging $50 for his autograph. I believe his words were something to the affect "Does he need money for retirement or something?" I reminded him how long ago that original Batman TV series was and how little Mr. West probably got paid.

He also told me how and I'm quoting here, how "freakin' weird" Verne Troyer, the actor who played Mini-Me, in the Austin Powers movies, is. Well duh...

In other news I've just finished re-reading Carolyn Jewel's books MY WICKED ENEMY and MY FORBIDDEN DESIRE. I needed to read something was going to be a sure thing to take my mind off real life stuff and these two books filled the ticket.

Now I'm just looking forward to getting away this coming weekend with my boyfriend. Of course as of this morning GG hadn't made any reservations. Isn't it a rule or something that if you ask your sweetie for a weekend get away you do the planning? Isn't that how it's supposed to work?

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

You're going away this weekend with your boyfriend? So you're leaving GG at home? LOLOLOLOL!

Oh, I slay me!

My Man and I both decided to take some time off around Memorial Day. Of course we can't decide if we actually want to go anywhere. I'm thinking we might just stay home, maybe take a day trip somewhere, or eat out at a really fantabulous restaurant.

8:47 AM PDT  
Blogger Tracy said...

Happy belated birthday to Shmoo!

Ug - what is it with men? My hubby never made reservations for our anniversary last year until about 2 days before and then was upset that he couldn't get what he wanted. Why do they do that? It's not like they don't know it's coming up. It's like Christmas - same day every year! lol Have fun no matter what!

11:30 AM PDT  
Blogger azteclady said...

I love your mom-ventures with Schmoo and Beanie *still chuckling*


And perhaps we are both dating ourselves, but I still wonder why is it necessary to drink oneself stupid upon turning 21 *shrug*

I hope the weekend away is everything you desire ;-)

2:25 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Happy belated birthday to Shmoo!! Looks like he enjoyed it :D

Great to hear from you :D Have fun with GG :D

Beanie is a great boy, always getting involved in stuff :D So passionate! :D

7:26 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

You know Wen, you crack me up too, just because you aren't afraid to go there. At the rate GG is planning it looks like we may end up staying home. I hope you have better luck with your plans.

Yo, Tracy! Thanks for the birthday felicitations for Shmoo. He was in the middle of a half a rack of ribs when we took that picture. I don't know where he puts it all in that slim body of his.

GG's latest in the plans department is that he DOES have something planned and it's a "secret". Uh-huh... I believe that.

AL, those boys do keep my life interesting, that's for sure. The whole drinking thing I just don't get. So next time we are together let's have a margarita and talk about it. Hehehehe.

Hi Nathie! It's lovely being out and about a little bit. It's so relaxing and fun to interact with all of you.

11:54 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home