A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

RWA Florida 2010 - Part Deux

Such an original blog post title. There are probably 900 other posts of the same name. I'm sitting in my room contemplating what to wear to the RITAs, I brought something, but suddenly I don't want to wear it. Call me contrary. It's okay.

Aztec Lady, Super Librarian Wendy, KristieJ, and I will be together with some others AL has gathered into the group. LB Gregg is having dinner with some other authors (K.A. Mitchell for one) and then joining us later.

It's been another fun, but exhausting conference. Every time I think I'm pacing myself better than the previous year I realize what a lie I'm telling myself. I did however really well with books this year. I bought at the Literacy signing, it's for charity after all, and was very restrained at the publisher signings. I had 3 boxes of books the first year. Last year I mailed two boxes. This year only one and am taking a few more home in my suitcase. I'm pretty happy about my restraint.

I was fortunate enough to get to the Grand Central Publishing signing early enough to get an ARC of MY IMMORTAL ASSASSIN by Carolyn Jewel. I'm over the moon with excitement.

It's late as hell and I'm procrastinating doing the girl thing for the party tonight. More when I get home. SL Wendy and I have an early flight tomorrow.

P.S. No review, spell check or grammar check of this post. I hope it makes cents, sents sense.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger nath said...

LOL, I don't know how you can do to resist! I'd be going mad :P I mean, you've seen me when I simply go to California ^_^;

Awesome about the Carolyn Jewel :D Seems like each year you go, you get THE treasure :P

8:20 PM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

I only shipped two boxes home - which included books for work, coworkers and Lil' Sis. I was so impressed with myself. 5 publisher signings on Saturday and I only picked up 7 titles (one of which was for my boss!). A big improvement over earlier RWAs when I would ship home as many as 5 or 6 boxes. Eeep!

Great to see you as always sweets. Oh, and My Man arrived at the airport about 5 or 10 minutes after Schmoo did....

11:14 AM PDT  
Blogger Kim in Baltimore said...

Aloha, Rosie! Great meeting you and hanging with the bloggers! I shipped 4 large flat rate boxes (FEX ground is not an option) plus lugged too many books through Orland - Vegas - Honolulu. The TSA agents in Vegas thought it was strange to see that many books in the scanner. I am giving away all the books to military spouses at a joint conference in October so I hope they appreciate the lugging! I'm still adjusting to Hawaiian time, but at least my kids went back to school today.

10:30 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

Restraint? You're supposed to do that? ;)

Sounds like you had a fabulous time and now I must really find a Carolyn Jewel book so I can see what it is that makes you gaga!

CindyS

2:14 PM PDT  
Blogger azteclady said...

*sob* I miss you!!! *sniff*

7:41 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nathie, you call a box full of something like 50-60 books (it's a big box) restraint????

SL, you are in a whole other stratosphere. I don't even pretend to be in the same league as you. Altho, I do admit you were very restrained this year and did much good book grabbing for other people.

So glad you didn't have to wait long, well except for this response. What can I say? You know how it is when you get back to work after a break... bedlam!

Kim in Hawaii, you lugged books in your luggage too? Without a doubt those military spouses will really appreciate you. I'm sure you'll be the most popular person at the conference in October.

It was wonderful to meet you too. Meeting other bloggers is a blast isn't it?

Cindy, I sat in on one of Anne Stuart's panels. She's all kinds of awesome and so funny while she's teaching. I read RUTHLESS as soon as I got home. Can't wait to compare notes.

AL, do I really have to tell you? *grabs tissues* I miss you too. It goes by too fast doesn't it?

5:49 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Isn't it better than 2 or 3 boxes? Hey, I know myself. I would go craaaazy haha. By the way, 50 is the number of books I brought back from my trip to Kristie's last year... and it wasn't even a convention with free books! So yes, one box is restraint :P My kind of restraint haha.

8:20 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home