RWA Florida 2010
I've come to the conclusion that like any kid at a theme park I go into sensory overload each year at RWA. My brain simply cannot take it all in. I thought it might be better this year what with this being the third time I've attended the conference. Not so. I'm still a little bit star struck.
1. Awesome conversation in the lobby with Sherry Thomas about one of my fave books so far this year, Sherry's HIS AT NIGHT.
2. Seeing Carolyn Jewel who has a kickin' and sassy new hairstyle. Love it. She's always so nice to me and for some reason around her I'm geeky and slightly demented. It's embarrassing. I'm a fan of several romance authors but around her I act like an idiot. Oi!
3. Meeting Ann Aguirre, Carrie Lofty and Aztec Lady outside The Fountain and catching up. Ann looks fabulous too. Love the blonde highlights in her fab red hair.
4. Speaking to Karen Rose at the Literacy event last night and asking her to sign the book to "Nath" and watching Ms. Rose's head pop up and say, "Nath? Was she at RT? That Nath?" When I answered in the affirmative Ms. Rose proceeded to tell me how she spent a lovely time with Nath at the toaster bar at RT. Way to go Nathie!
5. Nora Roberts' keynote speech was absolutely wonderful. Hopefully you caught some of the tweeted quotes. My personal favorite is "people will always be people and assholes will always be assholes."
LB Gregg (Lisabea at Nose in a Book) and I are rooming together again. Always fun times with her. We are also spending lots of time with Kristie(j) of Ramblings on Romance, Aztec Lady, AnimeJune of Gossamer Obsessions and SL Wendy.
Wendy and Kristie have had some pictures up on their blogs. How, I don't know because its taken be two days to work this post in and it's now 2:30 AM here and I'm exhausted!