A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

RWA Florida 2010

I've come to the conclusion that like any kid at a theme park I go into sensory overload each year at RWA. My brain simply cannot take it all in. I thought it might be better this year what with this being the third time I've attended the conference. Not so. I'm still a little bit star struck.

Highlights include:

1. Awesome conversation in the lobby with Sherry Thomas about one of my fave books so far this year, Sherry's HIS AT NIGHT.

2. Seeing Carolyn Jewel who has a kickin' and sassy new hairstyle. Love it. She's always so nice to me and for some reason around her I'm geeky and slightly demented. It's embarrassing. I'm a fan of several romance authors but around her I act like an idiot. Oi!

3. Meeting Ann Aguirre, Carrie Lofty and Aztec Lady outside The Fountain and catching up. Ann looks fabulous too. Love the blonde highlights in her fab red hair.

4. Speaking to Karen Rose at the Literacy event last night and asking her to sign the book to "Nath" and watching Ms. Rose's head pop up and say, "Nath? Was she at RT? That Nath?" When I answered in the affirmative Ms. Rose proceeded to tell me how she spent a lovely time with Nath at the toaster bar at RT. Way to go Nathie!

5. Nora Roberts' keynote speech was absolutely wonderful. Hopefully you caught some of the tweeted quotes. My personal favorite is "people will always be people and assholes will always be assholes."

LB Gregg (Lisabea at Nose in a Book) and I are rooming together again. Always fun times with her. We are also spending lots of time with Kristie(j) of Ramblings on Romance, Aztec Lady, AnimeJune of Gossamer Obsessions and SL Wendy.

Wendy and Kristie have had some pictures up on their blogs. How, I don't know because its taken be two days to work this post in and it's now 2:30 AM here and I'm exhausted!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Kati said...

*sniffle*

I'm still so bummed that I didn't get to go this year. OK, sure, I got to go on a cruise, blah, blah, blah. But now I want to be at RWA too.

Sounds like y'all are having an absolute blast! Miss you, IT!

5:32 AM PDT  
Blogger KT Grant said...

I wish I could have gone this year. I so wanted to see you again.

Sounds like everyone is having a great time. Are you and LB getting into trouble? LOL.

Next year's nationals is a must for me.

11:08 AM PDT  
Blogger Jill D. said...

Hi Rosie!

It was really nice meeting you on Wednsday after the book signing. I wish I would have gotten a chance to chat with you more.

I always get spastic whenever I am round authors I love. I gushed all over Suzanne Brockmann when she signed Infamous for me. She probably thought I was a nutjob!

2:33 PM PDT  
Blogger Sarah N Fisk said...

It was great meeting you at RWA! I'm only sorry we didn't get to chat more :-)

9:59 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Hey Rosie! Thank you, thank you for the Karen Rose! that's like so cool to hear! I've been telling everyone LOL. Karen Rose remembers me!

8:21 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home