A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Death Toll Could Top 1000!!!


I just can't believe how horrible this disaster grows day by day. I can't imagine trying to get through the day. So many have lost everything including their lives. We have sent money to help with relief, but money can't give you back a loved one, or your children's baby pictures, the car you need to drive to work, your home...

So many in New Orleans in addition to the loss will have the possible loss of their jobs with the damage to the city and its economy which is so dependent on tourism.

God bless everyone in Katrina's path. My thoughts go out to the victims of this terrible storm and all those rescue workers and workers trying to restore services to the ravaged areas.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger WarriorM said...

I've cried on and off all day. I watch CNN or MSN and my heart breaks each time. I just can't imagine what that kind of loss and displacement is like.

7:01 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home