A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

SURPRISE!

What I couldn't say BEFORE I went to Las Vegas was that the trip was to be part of one of my college roomies surprise birthday party. My friend, affectionately known to me as Kellstance thought her big birthday surprise was the surprise trip to Las Vegas with her family. On Wednesday, her actual birthday. Her hub and kids took her to dinner and she got the surprise trip.

Then on Friday evening, her first night in Las Vegas, she walked into Zefferinos Italian restaurant in the Venetian (fab place by the way!) and was first surprised by her sister-in-law and nephew....she didn't even see her brother yet who was filming. Then her parents, who hadn't been to Las Vegas since 1964, went into to the room. I interrupt the the sequence of events that my anticipation for the whole surprise is that Kellie is so great to give gifts to. She has so much expression and joie de vivre that it is a joy to watch her receive a gift or surprise.

So at this point she has already had two huge surprises and literally shrieked as the people walked into the room. By the time her two roomies walked in I thought she was going to pass out! No sound came out of her mouth and she started to weep. We're lucky she didn't pass out. We had a great evening and alot of fun! We got to tell her kids stories (lies) about the good ole days. A few drinks, a little gambling and we were off to bed.

What a great evening though. And she sure was surprised. Serendipity...that's what it was. Serendipity.

I am most grateful that I have a life full of great memories and friends. What a joy and what a blessing!

6 calendar days and 5 work days until liberation!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger WarriorM said...

I so wish I had been there to see her surprise! How fun that must've been for all of you.

One more week and you're FREE!

11:24 PM PST  
Blogger Karen Scott said...

Ahhhh... what a fab surprise! Sounds like you all had a great time!

8:08 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home