A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Isn't life funny?

I love to read. Sometimes I forget that is how I started writing this blog in the first place. Surfing other reader and author blog sites piqued my interest to have one of my own. Yeah, nobody asked me, but...well you get the drift.

Anyway, books have been my dearest companions and friends many times over the years. I know, it sounds kind of corny, but it's true. Well, in anticipation of getting a new look on my blog site I've been going back through some of my early posts. I wasn't surprised to see that in the beginning I said lots about the books I was reading. I still read alot but don't write about it as much. So, I got to thinking about that...always a dangerous thing...and came to a few conclusions.

My work life has taken over a lot of my time since the first of the year. I realize that when I compare the early posts to ones I've written more recently. I seem more angsty and tightly wound. Yuck patooey!

For instance, I can't wait for
Sarah McCarty to release Zach's story. It's probably my most anticipated read. Normally I'd be blathering on about waiting for it. BTW, Sarah, I'm trying to be patient but when you find TV a vast wasteland a good book can save your life. Hint, hint, nudge, nudge.

Thank God
Lora Leigh has Megan's Mark coming out tomorrow. Katie MacAllister has a new vamp book due out as well. Those should both be good to read.

I digress, as usual, but you get my point here, right? I haven't been wanking about waiting for a new release, or rhapsodizing about a good book I read, or lamenting a sucky one. All of which is surprising since reading is such a big part of my life. As far back as 5th and 6th grade I can remember participating in reading programs at our library on the air force base where we lived in Japan. To this day reading is what I spend the majority of my leisure time doing. Reading 3 to 5 books in a week used to be nothing. Now between the long work hours and my RA I'm a wee bit more tired in the evenings and my reading time has been sharply curtailed. I have to say I miss it. Since I read mostly romances the escape is great. Romance reading has been fabulous for other stuff too. Just ask the guy I live with. He may not talk much but he always has a smile on his face. *g*

So going back and reading those posts has kind of energized me and reminded me to write about the things that make me happy. Browsing the web today I visited some sites that have bloggers who do needle work, like cross stitching. I used to cross-stitch and really enjoyed it. It will be more challenging with my hands now, but I'm going to look through my craft box of stitching stuff and see if I have an easy project to try and get back into it.

I'm also pretty happy with the blogging challenge I gave myself. I've enjoyed stretching those writing muscles again. It's like getting back to your daily exercise. It's a bitch to get started but once you get in the groove you wonder why you waited so long! Life's funny that way.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen Scott said...

Hey Rosie, I'm glad you got your groove back! I'm looking forward to seeing your blog facelift, GemmaK does good work!

12:36 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home