A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

I feel pretty...oh so pretty...

Well not really...I don't feel pretty that is, but I'm working on it. My health is becoming a pressing issue in my life so I'm trying to focus some positive energy in that direction. However, my awareness of world events and life in general tends to have an oppressive affect on me. I literally feel crushed down by it all. Sometimes I wonder where all that natural effervescence (think alka seltzer) went... Maybe I should go on a scavenger hunt and look for it.

Thank God for the guy I live with, my children and other family and friends that balance my life and give it joy. Sometimes I'm too much in my head. People who know me will find that amusing since I believe most people would consider me to be extroverted. In fact this schizophrenia is what makes me cuckoo and drives my sons crazy. What can I say...I live to please.

Anyway, I'm usually having two to three conversations at once. Like right now for instance. There is the conversation I'm having in my head, a running list of things to do and commentary on everything around me jogging through my brain, and then there is this post. This post is a separate conversation I'm having in my "writing" voice that I'm speaking to the people who might read it.

Two separate conversations. I use the word conversation because to me I'm always speaking when I write. There is always a voice I associate with writing. Oh, and it's not always the same voice. It depends on whether I'm mother, sister, daughter, wife, friend, reader, wanton...whatever my mood...all these people have their own identity inside my head. C'mon tell me. Am I really crazy? What's your writing experience like?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home