A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Spring by any other name...


Spring Flowers
by William Merritt Chase























So which is it? How do you celebrate your Easter meal? Lamb or ham? Is there such a thing as a traditional Easter meal? This is just more of the stuff I wonder about.

No lamb or ham for us this year. Our family opted for Easter brunch. My sister is hosting but we are all bringing something. Me? I'm bringing the fresh fruit and champagne. We plan on having mimosas at our Easter brunch. So no big Easter dinner. Easter brunch.

What is really different for Easter this year is that one of my sons won't be home. Easter morning we are taking Beanie Boy to the airport. His spring break is the week after Easter and he is going to see a buddy who goes to school in Pennsylvania. Yeah, weird place to go for spring break isn't it? They plan to spend a couple of days in Philly and then a couple in NYC. There are three of them altogether. Three 20 year olds in NYC. Yeah, I won't lose much sleep over that one.

However you are celebrating...whereever you are celebrating...with whomever you are celebrating...HAPPY EASTER!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Smart Socratics said...

Happy Easter to you! As for me, I don't celebrate Easter so no ham nor lamb. I celebrate Passover.

4:30 AM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

We had our family dinner last night and it's turkey dinner for us. We don't eat ham or lamb!

Happy Easter!

CindyS

10:47 AM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

When we do have an Easter dinner it's always ham. But no big meal this year since it's just The Boyfriend and me.

He actually prefers lamb, but I'm not a big fan.

12:32 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home