8 Random Facts About Me
Tagged by Anne
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. I obsess over things. Not just like worry obsess either. When I was doing the Heritage Scrapbooks for Christmas last year I didn't read, I didn't blog, I didn't watch TV. I even lost weight. I couldn't think about anything else until they were done. Once the gifts were finished I was no longer interested in the project. I wanted to do a book for each of my sons. I have a book started for each of them and in five months since I finished the others I'm only half way through them.
2. I'm a foul mouth felon. However it seems to come and go like a virus. I go through long periods where nary a cuss word crosses my lips and then I kind of go on a binge of bad words. Said binge can last MONTHS.
3. Cuss words aside, I still think there is a place for kindness, consideration, manners and discretion.
4. I'm one of the people who is puzzled by people who are puzzled by virgins. I know I'm "older", and I've only had three lovers. I was a virgin until I was almost 23. I don't consider myself a prude, I went out, I dated, I partied, I was discriminating in who I wanted to share spit and other bodily fluids with. So, is it that weird for a woman to be a virgin at 23 or 25 or 30? Does it mean there's something wrong with her? I just never thought so. My sort of sticking point, no pun intended, was age 30-35. I figured by then one would have to try it just to get the curiousity factor out of the way.
5. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I love my husband, but it amazes me every day how much I LIKE him and still enjoy having a conversation with him.
6. I've mentioned before that I make lists. I like lists. Lists are my friends. Even so before I started blogging I never kept track of the books I read. I have no record of literally of hundreds of books except my memory which seems to grow dimmer and kinder each year that goes by.
7. Favorite saying, "Inch by inch life's a cinch, yard by yard life is hard." My children have heard this hundreds of times. Imagine my surprise when I googled this so I could appropriately give credit for it and I found that the quote is actually, "Life is hard by the yard, but inch by inch, it's a cinch." The originator of the quote is unknown.
8. I sometimes wonder what happened to my professinal ambition. I know I used to have some, but in the last couple of years it seems to have taken a hike. I don't really know if it is a natural process of gaining perspective as I grow older or if the loss of close family members helped me to shift gears, but I really don't feel like I have to prove anything or make a certain amount of money any more. Mostly it's a relief, but I don't remember a crystalized moment it left. I just woke up one morning and realized it was gone.
I think just about everyone in our neck of the woods has done this. If you haven't...knock yourself out.