A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Book Flogging or how I was introduced to KateR

You've seen them all around the blogosphere those clever snappy one liners in the comments of some of your favorite blog sites. One of the contributors of those clever lines and witty observations is Kate Rothwell or as you see her in the comments, KateR.

I want to say right off that I could have very easily just paraphrased or cut and pasted parts of Kate's first post about her book flogging, or even linked to it, but I decided to have it here in all it's glory for you to read. That Kate she's funny. God knows a smile, a chuckle and a laugh are worth their weight in gold and for that reason alone I would pimp her contest since, well, (sorry Kate) I haven't read any of her books before. So why not check it out? Oh and while you are at it, read her post about BRANDING and LUCK in publishing. Food for thought. You can go read her newer "official" post about the contest here.



Have I got a Deal for You

So now I'm sort of stymied about how to Flog my Books.
How about you help me?

I'll send you any one of my books. Even the out-of-print one by Kate (Somebody Wonderful)--You then write a review and put it in your blog or somewhere online. You hate the book, well, I'll survive. And you'll be put in a pool to win a gift certificate ($30) at Barnes and Noble or Amazon (updated to add Amazon because I'm thinking I might put this in my blog there. Heh) or Samhain, your choice.

The only book not included in this offer is Taming Him.

If you put this offer on someone's site or your own, show me and I'll put you in a drawing for everyone's favorite, a THIRTY DOLLARS! gift certificate for Barnes and Noble, Amazon, OR Samhain, your choice.

That's not so complex, right?

Here's the deal (repetition is good)

1. Get a free book by Kate and or Summer and write and post something about it ("I loved/hated this book by Kate and/or Summer. You should/shouldn't buy it and read it because_____. Don't ask me to send my copy because this one happens to be an ebook and we don't share our ebooks.") be put in a drawing pool for a THIRTY DOLLAR GIFT CERTICATE.

AND/OR

2. Post this offer on your site or maybe on another site (as long as it's not spammish because I don't want to get in trouble. This is not a chain letter.) Send me a link to your post and be put into yet another drawing pool for another THIRTY DOLLAR GIFT CERTIFICATE.

Do both and be put in both pools.

There. That's sixty dollars I was going to spend elsewhere.

UPDATED: Forgot the end date. Contest ends be JUNE 19. That's the day Revealing Skills comes out in print. Updates will be added as I realize mistakes were made.

UPDATE TWO:
Here're the books you can review
by Kate Rothwell (both are print books)

Somebody Wonderful
Somebody to Love

by Summer Devon-- only ebooks, although I do have one meh paper copy of Learning Charity. Revealing Skills will be out in print--but the day the book is released is the day the contest ends so...um, no, only ebooks unless you pick up a copy of Taming Him or, maybe, if you beg me prettily, I'll send you Taming Him. But you must be eloquent.

at Ellora's Cave:
Perfection
Futurelove
Invisible Touch

at Samhain:
Learning Charity
Revealing Skills

...now why did I think I had more Summer books out? This is interesting. Am I missing something? Grey cells. Just yesterday I swore to someone I had seven Summer books. A dragon one just got accepted at Samhain.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home