A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, May 18, 2007

ON THE MOVE

Do you think about hunger, poverty, AIDS? Do you think about justice and equality for everyone? Our world is becoming a smaller place every day. If you have the time, listen to Bono's speech at a prayer breakfast in Washington last year. I warn you, it's long -- almost 20 minutes. If you only have a few minutes listen for a moment starting at the 8 min 40 second mark. He's so articulate and accessible.

As you know by now I get updates from The ONE campaign. Yesterday the email was letting me know that a book, ON THE MOVE, that encompasses the highlights from Bono's speech is available. You can find the book to purchase here. You can take a look at the virtual book here.


Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger scooper said...

Thanks Rosie. I'm going to check out the virtual book right now.

10:48 AM PDT  
Blogger Jenster said...

I'm a member of ONE too. I think it's one of the best organizations there are.

I'm also a huge fan of Bono because of his heart and what he's chosen to do with his celebrity.

6:49 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Scooper, you won't be sorry. It's pretty cool. I liked being able to go through it without having to buy.

Jen, I think Bono is pretty amazing. I also think that the success of the organizations and charities he's involved with are due to his motives and heart being genuine.

I also love that ONE is not about begging for money but political activism.

3:24 AM PDT  
Blogger Jenster said...

Rosie - As you probably know from my posts, I'm a pretty religious person. But I'm not a huge fan of "religious" charities because so many of them make that religion a requirement of the help. We do sponsor a child through World Vision and they are huge proponents of ONE. In fact we first heard of ONE through WV.

As for Bono - he's just one of the classiest acts around and has such a desire to simply help people. Any and all people. I love that about him.

5:24 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Jen, my sister has adopted a child through World Vision as well. Since it's a subject I can warm up to, another reason I like Bono. He's married to his high school sweetheart and has four children. Almost an impossible feat in show business, let alone rock n' roll.

8:34 PM PDT  
Blogger Jenster said...

Maybe you and I should start our own little Bono Admiration Society. LOL

8:42 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home