A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

What we do know...

Is that I'm an idiot. I don't know how I didn't allow comments on the last post, but there you have it. I did it! Now that I know Max is at least looking at Emily I will have to pass the word on and let her know. Maybe by some miracle she will stay still long enough without several doggie bribes so I can take her picture. Max is so much more cooperative.

I'm having a wonderful time in the South. We were in Savannah yesterday. It was an absolutely beautiful picture perfect day. We had lunch at the Savannah Tea Room which was great. Just loved it. You feel so close to our country's history in this part of the country.

St. Simon's Island was awesome. The ocean was so warm and the sand so finely grained. I don't remember that from Florida and certainly not the case for the good old Pacific Ocean.

I've still managed to read a couple of books this week between travel times and the beach. Still exhausted and still having fun. I'll try to post a couple of pictures when I get home. As enjoyable as the trip has been I must say I will be thrilled to sleep in my own bed tomorrow.

Now it's been even longer since I've been around the neighborhood. Tell me what you have been up to. I promise the comments are on this time. I'm using my sister's computer because it's so hard to type the posts on my Treo, but very easy ::winky winky:: to read your comments in my email.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Smart Socratics said...

Whoa, I take umbrage to your calling yourself an idiot! Because that you are not. I am glad you are having a wonderful time and look forward to your pics as soon as you return!

6:52 AM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

It's more like blogger did the comments thing because it's done it to me before and I don't ever go into that feature.

It just sounds wonderful where you are. I love sandy beaches but I'll have to settle for my pool ;)

Bob and I have been to a few places in the south (years ago so I can't remember where - Bad Cindy) I do know that we visited a former Presidents home (plantation?) where they had a pet/animal cemetary (weird what you remember). But you are right about the atmosphere of some places. Just gorgeous.

Hope you are back in your own bed. Since I'm a bed kind of gal, I don't often like being away from mine!

Looking forward to the pics and what you read. And blogland has been quiet.

CindyS

1:04 AM PDT  
Blogger Jenster said...

I don't think the no comment thing was you, Rosie. I've noticed blogger does that to me when I saved a post to publish later.

Sounds like you had a great time. I can't wait to see more pictures!

10:38 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Sue, you are too sweet for words.

Cindy, yes! Let's blame blogger! I like that.

Jen, I write posts ahead all the time and this doesn't usually happen. I thought maybe since I was publishing from my Treo it happened. I do know one thing for sure, it wouldn't let me fix it!!

8:54 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home