A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

The Sun Doesn't Set over the Atlantic Ocean

If you've ever seen the sun set over the Pacific Ocean, you know how beautiful it can be. You see the sky change from blue to a multi-hued rosy red with torquoise and teal. Then you can watch the slow closing of the day as the sunshine changes to moonlight. Well, even before I was on the Georgia coast I knew the sun didn't set on the Atlantic Ocean, I just didn't know how different it would feel and look with the sun at my back as it became twilight. Instead of watching the sky turn all sorts of colors it was more like a light being turned out. *Blink* No sun, no sunlight. Night time. Not a horrible experience, just a different one.

One thing I loved about this beach was the beautiful white sand that was so fine grained. I'm used to the coarse grained sand on our Pacific beaches. Even rocky beaches sometimes. This beach was a real treat. No crowds either. Can't beat that with a stick. All in all a wonderful trip. I laughed...a lot!


Here's a few photos. There aren't as many as I thought I took. Probably because we were passing cameras around and taking multiple pictures.

I've got a busy week this week with appointments and getting back into the routine of things, but I'm still hoping to post on my reading and some interesting books coming out soon. BTW, I'm reading DEMON MOON right now. I'm so appreciative of the depth of this book and think Colin Ames-Beaumont will be a character that will live long in my memory. He really is something else. Meljean Brook...this is a really good book!




Twilight walk on the beach. My sisters.

MoonDoggy's Pizza - St Simon's Island, Georgia

Tide's out at the beach just a block from our house.

Our Georgia peach in Savannah

One of the many "squares" in Savannah. A picture perfect day.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

I visited Savannah as a teenager and loved it. It's such a romantic, quaint city. Bloody hot though in the middle of the summer LOL. One thing I vividly remember from that trip - the great seafood! They have the best seafood on the East coast....

9:25 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

Your sisters look like they were cold in that picture! I would so get mixed up with the tide stuff and probably end up stranded somewhere.

Must add seeing the sun rise or set over the ocean to my to do list ;)

CindyS

1:26 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Hey Rosie :D

you know, the last picture, the house looks like one of the cover of Deborah Smith :D it really looks gorgeous :D

I finish Demon Moon and I hope you enjoy it... I wasn't focused enough and so I was completely lost :( it was a bit hard to follow :(

5:47 AM PDT  
Blogger Jodi_Lee said...

Oh my goodness - you and your sisters look so much alike...even though you didn't put any pics of you up. :( I love Georgia!

6:11 PM PDT  
Blogger Smart Socratics said...

Welcome back! It sounds like and looks like you had a nice time and a good visit with your sis's. Yea!

6:19 PM PDT  
Blogger Lori said...

Looks like you had a fun time. And it would freak me out, too, not to see the sun set over the ocean LOL.

8:30 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great trip! Thanks for the pics--now I wanna go!

6:55 AM PDT  
Blogger Jenster said...

Great pictures!!! I know what you mean about the weirdness of the sunsets on the East Coast. It's so not what you're used to, huh?

5:31 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Wendy, Georgia was suffering from drought because they got so little rain this past Spring. It was warm and a bit humid, but still early enough in Spring/Summer to miss the real sticky stuff. The fish and seafood were awesome!

Cindy, my sisters were actually trying to pose like pin ups and it was windy. I posted the picture because they thought they were so cute and didn't realize their hair was blowing up.

Nath, well, Ms. Smith is from Georgia so that might have something to do with it. I'm hoping to go again in a couple of years (every other) and do some more exploring. I've finished DEMON MOON now also. I hope to put up a review here in the next day or two.

Jodi, I had a horrible pic of me on the beach taken too close and with me SLATHERED in sunscreen. Too scary to show the world. Yes we do have some similar famly traits. People say they can't tell us apart when we talk because our voices are identical. We fool our husbands and kids all the time. Heehe.

Sue, Thanks. I did have fun and laughed alot.

Lori & Jenster, I never did get used to no sunset over the ocean. Just felt like something was missing. The colors we have are so amazing over the Pacific and in comparison it seems so quiet and anti-climatic over the Atlantic. I'm a sunset snob!

Gabrielle, I barely touched the tip of the iceberg of stuff to see...especially if you like historical sites. If you get a chance you should definitely go.

8:44 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home