A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, August 31, 2007

And so it goes...

Okay, I'm still on a roll. I'm almost afraid to mention that life is returning to some sort of routine for fear I'll jinx the whole thing. You know, like when you're at work and it's quiet and someone makes note of how quiet it is and then... WHAM-O! All hell breaks loose? Sort of like that.

It doesn't seem that long ago that the thought of being in a routine of any sort was the very LAST thing on earth I wanted to be. Now the thought of flying by the seat of my pants all the time is like hooking a vacuum hose up to my neck and sucking all the life and happiness right out of me. No surprises thank-you-very-much. Normal is good. Normal is my friend. Of course we won't go into the whole, 'what is normal?' question. No time for those sorts of deep thought and writing.

Speaking of time...freakin' August is over! Sure sign you are aging is when you frequently note the swift passage of days and time. Who knew I'd join that club. Another thing I thought I'd never do. I used to roll my eyes. When I think of all the times my grandmother said, "Just wait. You'll see." it sort of freaks me out. I mean she said it a lot about all sorts of subjects.

Side Note: Emily is tossing her ball herself and then chasing it. She brings it to me drops it and when I reach for it she grabs it and tosses it again and chases it. She is one entertaining little doggy.




Can you see the small blue ball? She's waiting for me to
try to pick it up and then she'll grab and toss it herself.


For now I'm content to keep my head above water with household stuff, work, life in general and still be able to read. It's the little things in life that keep me sane and happy. Or, as GG likes to say, "Geez you're easy!" Of course he's not thinking about my monthly book budget when he says stuff like that.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

That is the cutest little dog! She has such an expressive face - and I love her ears!!
And yes, normal and regular is nice. I don't like surprises much either. Usually they turn into something that cuts into my reading time.
:-)

12:21 AM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

I'm in good company then - I just thought I was anti-social but now I realize I just wanna read!!

I'm very much a routine person. I never thought I would be like that but it keeps 'crazy' at bay ;)

And I got the book, the tote and the poster!! Thanks again!

CIndyS

10:29 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Sam, I love her ears too especially when she has one up and her head is cocked. She's a real lovey, our Emily.

Cindy, pfffft! Yeah, we just wanna read. No laundry, no grocery shopping, no yard work, housework or cooking. R E A D I N G. That's all. Think I can sell that to the natives?

9:27 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a portable dance floor can be installed quickly in any area by laying down panels and placed in a cart for ease of storage.

4:42 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home