A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Without Further Ado...

Can I do anything without a bit of melodrama? No! So I had 26 pieces of paper with names on them. Names of all the lovely people who commented on my blog this week. I put a slip of paper with your name (and number) for each time you commented. For some reason the latent bean counter in me did this. More weird stuff I wonder about...which one of my entries won? See? I told you it was weird.

So here's the process chiquitas. I used sticky notes, most notably the Susan Mallery sticky notes that I think got accidentally put in my book bag last week at Toni's place. Anyway, I wrote the names and as noted previously...there were 26, there could have been 28 but Wendy opted out, but I digress.

I had to find a container to do drawing from. What? You thought I'd put them in a pile on the table? A-Ha! Former plant holder now magazine/book holder of yoga stuff...











No time to be tidy. Got get on with the drawing. I'll get those books picked up later. Okey dokey, got all the entries loaded.








Babe, please draw for me? What do you mean you don't know what I'm talking about? My book drawing? Right now. No, I'm ready. Because I'm using the can for the yoga books for the drawing...I'll pick them up later.

Do you really need to know what GG was saying? Yeah, I didn't think so. BUT he did draw the winner for me.












AND THE WINNER IS...








CINDY!

That '(1)' just means that's the slip of paper I made from your first comment. The good news is you don't have bad karma due to your nefarious plots against scrunky anti-shed neighbor. How do I know? Because you just won a signed copy of PLEASURES OF THE NIGHT by Sylvia Day along with a book poster and a cute red nylon book bag! So send me your snail mail addy and I'll get your package out to you this week.

As first drawings go I thought it went pretty well, don't you?

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger CindyS said...

Woohoo!!! I can't believe I won! and don't think for one moment I don't want to know what was going on in the background because I'll be doing the same thing tomorrow!

I'll be blogging about the 'further adventures of shed building' - my karma has been repaired!!!

Thank GG for me!!

CindyS

6:56 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosario said...

Congrats, Cindy!!!

And Rosie, loved the photos. Best book drawing post ever! :-D

6:29 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Cindy, GG actually asked me "Who's Cindy?" because he knew I'd give him a whole back story on different posts, etc. I told him about the McMansion you built that you call a shed and your sckunky neighbor. He says we should ship our shed to you and that'll really light up your neighbor. The shed in question is made of plywood. He built with our boys for a play house once upon a time. Need I say more? I'll have to do a picture one of these days.

Rosario, you have to make an event out of the first one don't you? :)

10:43 AM PDT  
Blogger Jenster said...

Congratulations Cindy!!!!

4:01 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Congrats Cindy :D and Rosie, that was such a good idea to post the pics :P very cute too :D

thanks for doing this :P

5:18 AM PDT  
Blogger ReneeW said...

What a great bunch of photos of the drawing. You really know how to build the tension. Congrats to Cindy. She so deserves it.

9:58 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home