A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Monday, August 27, 2007

No time...

Here's the highlights of the last 24 hours:

Beanie got a car. 2000 Toyota Echo. Silver. Good price. Good condition. Praise be!

Shmoo has started lap swimming with us. He thinks he might join the Coast Guard.

I did laundry all day and didn't get to read a single page. I'm pouting. A little. This is a short post so I can read tonight. At least I don't have to get up at 4:30 a.m. I get to sleep in until 5:30.

The best news in the last 24? Seven of us are getting together on September 29th to have lunch and meet and talk books. If you live in Southern California and would like to join us, please either leave a comment with your email addy or you can email me at RnG1180@aol.com. I'm pretty excited about this. The group so far is Rowena, Daphne, Holly, Lori, Wendy, Nikki and me.

The rooms for our trip to Vegas went up $70 today and we didn't have them booked yet. So I'm looking for less expensive rooms again. Oy!

Gotta go now.

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Woohoo! Totally psyched!

Congrats on the car. Hope you get some reading done. I have GOT to post on all the books I read on my trip!

9:33 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Good news about Beanie getting a car :D and that was quite fast! and the South Ca meeting, that is great news! I want to be there too!!! When Holly is getting married, we definitively have to do another meeting!

hope you had time to read a little :D

5:02 AM PDT  
Blogger Sam said...

I hope you find a good dealon a Vegas room! And getting together to talk Books sounds Lovely. I wish I lived nearby!!

12:39 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darn, all the way across the country. I hope y'all have a great time.

3:11 PM PDT  
Blogger Gigi said...

Yay on the car! And I would so like to go to your meeting! Sounds like loads of fun. But I live all the way in sucky ol florida. Maybe if I pull a Forrest Gump and start running now?

4:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Lori, me too. It'll be here before we know it. Saw your post on your trip. Haven't had a chance to check out the photos yet though.

Nath, yeah, Holland's wedding. Should we tell her we are going to crash it or should it be a surprise? :) Hey, what's up with your car?

Sam, from your lips to God's ears on the those Vegas rooms. My family has lots of Chiefs and no Indians. *sigh* Everybody has an opinion.

Scooper, wouldn't it be cool if there was a way for ALL of us to meet?

Giselle, "Run Forrest! Run!"

10:00 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

LOL, I think she already knows that we are going to crash her wedding LOL :P and she can't wait for it! As for my car, I called yesterday and they said it would be done early next week :(

4:43 AM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

Seven!! Well, that beats our Canadian meeting of 4 (and a Bob). Just take notes!!

10:24 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home