A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Good Stuff - Part 2

I'm sort of blissed out right now. The house is clean. The laundry is caught up. Beanie has a car. (I know I said that one yesterday, but it's such a relief it bears repeating.) There's a three-day weekend coming up AND I've actually been doing some reading. Not a lot mind you. Things have still been sort of hectic, but reading is reading people and I'm one happy little camper with the 60 pages I've gotten in the last 24 hours. I've made some purchases the last couple of days. Three books I was happy to bring home.





SERPENT PRINCE by Elizabeth Hoyt. (Excerpt)
This is the book I'm reading now. I'm only about 60 pages in and it's just getting good.





SILVER MASTER by Jayne Castle
. (Excerpt) This is part of her Ghost Hunter series which she writes as Jayne Castle. These are the only Krentz books I'm still buying and reading. I've enjoyed the futurist world Ms. Castle has created and was very happy when I learned there was to be another installment. These books are truly stand alones. While the world is one Ms. Castle has already created, each story has it's own characters and plot.





Dark Possession by Christine Feehan. (Excerpt) Part of me can't believe I bought this let alone paid for it in hardcover. I just keep hoping for just one more good 'dark' book from Ms. Feehan because I'm still enjoying her Ghostwalker series and the Drake sisters series. So there you have it an admission of my addiction.


I've already informed GG that I intend to veg and read, read, read this weekend. I can hardly wait. At one point we had some plans to go see my brother up in San Francisco area because his actual birthday (even though we will be celebrating it in Vegas with Beanie's 21st birthday) is on September 5th. However, we decided to stick close to home and not travel over the holiday weekend.

Who knows? I might even get back to talking about and reviewing books around here. Could happen.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

I wanna read the Serpent Prince, too. Zeek, like many others, I liked the Leopard Prince, but not as much as the Raven Prince. Although I did like Harry, but he wasn't what I expected at all after reading the Raven Prince. Don't know why...

6:30 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Zeek, I have LEOPARD PRINCE but haven't read it. I probably will eventually, but SERPENT PRINCE story line interested me more. I don't think it matters that I haven't read LP, at least I haven't seen or heard that it does from anyone.

Lori, several people have just raved about her historicals. I enjoyed RAVEN PRINCE but I can't say I was rapturous about it. Different strokes I guess...

3:31 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

Caressed by Ice showed up yesterday and I refuse to read one word of any book until I have a free bunch of time - I'm thinking Tuesday but maybe Monday. Depends on how much Bob wants to do this weekend.

Reading. Sweet bliss that I miss!!

CindyS

10:27 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home