A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The side of the road...

Yes 102 degrees and I'm on the side of the road with Shmoo waiting for a tow for our Ford Focus. Thank goodness for AAA the wait was a short one. Seems that the car that we put a new battery, new battery cables and new tires on to the tune of $700 just this past Monday needs a new clutch and new clutch thingy that makes the clutch bearing (?) go 'round and 'round. Ooops another $1200. Came close to needing smelling salts I tell you.

For a few brief moments we considered canceling the trip to Las Vegas, but then I remembered that we want to make memories and said what the heck. It's only money. Right? GG is the optimist in this partnership. Me, I'm the worrier. Good thing he has an abundance of optimism to cancel out my worrying. It all balances out pretty well. Balances...just caught that. The balance in our savings account is shrinking as we speak. But GG says...don't worry. So I won't. Really. I won't.

Thank goodness I have my copy of AGNES AND THE HITMAN. I'm counting on Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer to hand over some comedic relief.

But just in case, I always have this for a fall back plan...




Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger nath said...

Ouch Rosie, that hurts - 2000$ on the car suddenly. I hate it when car breaks down, which happens way too often and always at the wrong moment. Don't worry too much and take care.

4:16 AM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

Since I just won a book, book bag and poster from you, I will not order a 'hit' on you while on vacation for posting that song!!

But yeah, don't worry and be happy ;)

Cars suck.

Money.

My hubby takes the car in even when it's not broke. I don't get that because as a kid we used to drive our cars into dust. Bob has told me we won't treat our cars like my parents. I'm not sure I see what was wrong with it myself ;)

Have fun on your vacation!

4:28 AM PDT  
Blogger Jodi_Lee said...

Awwww...Rosie, when it rains it pours. But, i'm with your hubby - go to Vegas, make memories and have fun! :)

11:39 AM PDT  
Blogger Jenster said...

Dang! I'm so sorry about the car and, mostly, the money! Doesn't it just figure? I'm glad you're still doing Vegas, though.

You think that video is funny? You should have seen Todd on Morphine after knee surgery singing this song 18 years ago or however long ago it came out. Now THAT was freakin' hilarious!!

Enjoy your trip!!

12:37 PM PDT  
Blogger Kate Diamond said...

Sorry to hear about your bad auto luck!

I, too, love Jennifer Crusie. Agnes and the Hitman... I bought my copy yesterday and wanted to stay up all night reading, but I had an early a.m. work-thing. Boo, hiss!

Now I'm home. Coffee's on. And I'm about to find out what happens with Shane.

3:55 PM PDT  
Blogger Sam said...

Oh - ugh - I hate car problems. I hope you get them sorted out. Have a wonderful time in Vegas - after all - you only live once, right?
:-)

7:26 AM PDT  
Blogger alcoment said...

Ah, this is why I haven't got a car (not that I've got my licence) they appear to eat money. They seem to be more expensive than children (not that I've got one of those either!).

Hope you have a good time in Vegas!

1:04 PM PDT  
Blogger Casee said...

That's the same way it is in our house. I worry about money and my husband doesn't. He sounds much like yours. Of course last night he just told me that he does worry about all the public schools in the state of Idaho failing leaving us to pay $5,000 a month per child to get them in private school.

That one threw me a little. It's nothing I've ever worried about. LOL

Have fun in Vegas!!

1:07 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nath, yeah, we're still feeling the sting. I can't believe what we've put into that car this week.

Cindy, do I take it that this is not a favorite of yours? :)

Jodi, yes, it pretty much sucks, but like I said...it's only money. We will, of course, be fine I just hate seeing it all go so fast because it takes so darn long to accumulate in savings.

Jenster, guess it's too much to hope there are pictures or video of Todd's event isn't it? :)

Kate, I'm having a heck of a time finding a moment to read, but I'm enjoying the book.

Sam, we really probably shouldn't complain because while we've had repairs they've been expected ones due to the age or model of the car. This is the first time we've been dinged so bad with repairs. Interesting how it coincides with our two sons driving our car though, isn't it?

Alcoment, I dream of living in a place with such excellent public transportation that having a car is a non-issue. I don't forsee that happening here in sunny Southern California as most people here tend to worship at the altar of the internal combustion engine. Ugh!

Casee, I'm just the worrier in general, it's a large all encompassing umbrella under which almost everything falls. GG is just a natural optimist...thank heavens.

10:57 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DRAT! What rotten luck!!! :(

How's Agnes I just got my copy from the Library today! I wasn't a big fan of Don't Look Down so I'm hoping this one is better....!

6:37 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home