A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, August 17, 2007

All I wanna do is

...read. Today I read a grand total of 10 pages. Ten. Ten pages. If you want to get technical about it I re-read five pages to get back into the story and was able to read five more in the waiting room of my eye doctor. Can you believe it? All those appointments with Shmoo over the last six months and we waited a half hour or more. So what happens today? They call me to get my eyes dilated right away. I was ready to read damn it!

Tonight I had to go to a Board meeting of our fire district and be introduced as a new employee. So work, doctor appointment, dinner and Board meeting. Note there is no time for reading. Of course, I guess I could have skipped my blog hopping and writing this post and that would have given me some reading time. At least that's what GG reminded me when I was wanking about it earlier. It goes without saying (doesn't it?) that as things go to complain about lack of reading time is a pretty luxurious one. So time to shut up about it. Besides tomorrow is Friday and then we have the glorious weekend.

Now I better drag my tired butt to bed.

Oh, one final observation of the day. So I confess online, and you can't get much more public than that, that I've been reading two books at once. You can guess what happened right? I'm no longer interested in the other book because I'm getting impatient to read the Brockmann book. I can't remember her last release that I didn't read in a day. So, for now, I've set aside the other book I was reading and am concentrating only on FORCE OF NATURE.

Now I really got to go to bed because my eyes aren't dilated any more but everything looks blurry. That's got to be fatigue and NOT my age. :) My rheumatologist told me that a healthy 50-year old woman (that's me) can now expect to reach the age of 90 if she does two things: stays on top of preventative medicine that is available AND exercises. Yippee! Works for me. I need to keep exercising for flexibility or I'll turn into the Tin Man anyway. By my game of LIFE calculations that's double bonus points for me. I get flexibility and longevity just by exercising. Besides, who needs to be creaky and stiff? Anybody got an oil can?




Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger nath said...

Oh man, Rosie, I share your pain... me, it's worst... i haven't finished a book in almost two weeks! 2 weeks!!! grrrr. Hope you enjoy the new Brockmann... I realized that me, i always get excited for the release of a so much anticipated book... and I'm too excited, so when it comes to reading the book... it kind of fall short of my expectations :( hope it doesn't happen to you :(

5:10 AM PDT  
Blogger Tara Marie said...

90 would be cool :)

It's the 17th I haven't finished a book yet this month and haven't read 10 pages all week.

I've decided to give myself a little break until school starts. If I find reading time great, but I'm not counting on it.

6:16 AM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

This is horrible but I'm sure I have tons of time, I just haven't been reading. Very bad sign for me but I'm mentally blocking it.

Exercise. Huh. Can I start that when I'm 50? ;)

Good for you on your health!

Oh and blogging and visiting is not a luxury, it's a uh, never mind.

CindyS

12:39 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to your thoughts on FON! Hope you find some reading time (and get some sleep!)

9:09 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nath, I got to read after work yesterday and finished FORCE OF NATURE this morning! Yay!

TM, 90 and active, alert and being a PITA to the grandkids. That's me! Yeah, stressing about not reading is no good, I just missed it. Hope things open up for you to indulge soon.

Cindy, blog hopping is not a luxury it's a necessity to see how everyone's doing...at least that's what I tell GG. Hey, the exercise thing? It comes and goes. Finding what works for you takes time.

2:09 PM PDT  
Blogger Jodi_Lee said...

"or you'll turn into a tin man"

I laughed so hard when I read that. You funny Rosie!! :))

2:11 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Jodi, you just made it! I'm making the entries for the drawing and I can put your name in again. I'll be back in a minute, or 10, with the winner of the Sylvia Day book.

2:26 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home