A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

So...

Just a few quick things. I'm writing this early Tuesday morning and I have to go to an early morning meeting at work. With the boys both in full swing at school and the first quarter coming to an end I'm low man on the totem pole for computer time these days.

My response to everyone's comments on yesterday's blog posted from Anonymous. That cracked me up. I don't even know how that happened. I thought I was signed in. Anyway, if you were wondering...

So, last night was the first night of the new TV season here in the good ole U.S. Beanie convinced me to watch a few minutes of THE BIG BANG THEORY. At least I think that's the name of it. It's a sitcom on CBS. I did laugh a couple of times which is pretty amazing because I think most sitcom humor is lame. This show, at least last night, seems to have some decent writing. It doesn't really have any "names" in it and it will be really something if it gets enough viewers, but I thought it was funny enough to mention. Ironically, since GG and I don't watch much TV I wonder if I'll ever see it again. :)

Okay, a show of hands now. Who watched HEROES? Shmoo thinks it's getting too complicated. I reminded him we were all over the map for several episodes last year, but he doesn't want to work so hard to figure things out. Beanie, my superhero and comic book geek is all over it though. Nathan's back with no wife, no kids? BTW, someone tell me, because we had a big debate here, whose reflection did he see in the mirror in the bar?

Sadly, I can't think of another program I want to see this season. My boys might try to convince me to tune into a couple of things, but for the most part I'd rather read.

Speaking of reading. Shmoo and I will be making a trek to the bookstore after school and work today so I can snag LOVER UNBOUND. Lots of mixed reviews out there in Romancelandia, but I have to see for myself. At least I'm going in without big expectations.

I have to admit I'm quicky getting addicted to not proofreading before I press 'PUBLISH'. No time to do anything this morning anyway. Here goes...

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Casee said...

My 5 y/o and I watched Dancing w/ the Stars last night. It was the first time I've seen it and she adored it.

I watched Heroes last night, too. It wasn't as good as I was hoping. The reflection Nathan saw was his own.

7:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Dev said...

I watched Dancing with the Stars last night ~~ I'll be doing the same tonight, and tomorrow night. And don't forget about "How I Met Your Mother" ~ that's actually on my DVR (I forgot to watch).

7:42 AM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

Just waiting for the Law & Orders to start. I hardly watch network TV anymore.

Gotta say I've been really surprised by the lack of discussion over Lover Unbound. Maybe it's because I don't read the series - but when the last book came out every blogger and their dead grandmother was talking about it ENDLESSLY (and boring me - can I just say that?). So far, not a whole lot "talk" about LU. But that could just be my perception. Maybe bloggers just haven't had time to wade through the whole novel yet. 500+ pages - yikes!

9:19 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Casee, I really enjoyed DANCING WITH THE STARS first (or second?) season. I will catch bits now and again. Anyone good on this season? Guess I could check out the ABC website, huh? :-) BTW, can't wait to see your review up at Book Binge. I'm a fan.

Dev, DWS is on for 3 nights? To kick the season off or something?

Wendy,GG loves LAW & ORDER especially SVU. We end up catching re-runs on TnT on the weekends.

As for LOVER UNBOUND, as you know it was officially released today. So maybe there'll be more stuff for you to avoid in the next few days. ;-)

7:32 PM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

Well crap. I knew it was too good to be true. Bad librarian for not checking the official laydown date. No cookie for me!

8:21 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

I saw that Big Bang Theory one too and thought the dialogue was wonderful but I'm not sure it'll catch on. I'm timid about trying new shows now because networks pull them so fast!

As for HEROES I was definitely flailing because I didn't really remember the end of the season (Lord my memory gets worse as I get older) so I kept looking at Claire's father and thinking 'why is he alive, he was killed!'. Guess not.

I was also wondering about the flash of reflection - is he like Nicky now? Does he have masking abilities and he really is fire damaged? I like that his life has fallen apart and look forward to him becoming a better person.

I'm still intrigued but the addition of new characters seems over the top. I want to know more about the characters that are there.

I also watched Chuck but I don't know if it can be an hour show. Not so sure it can carry it but there were funny moments.

Okay, storm rolling in so have to run.

Wendy - you can always say if you find something boring (but you don't need me to tell you that ;)) as I have run across the same thing when a much anticipated book shows up *cough* Harry Potter *cough* that I have no interest in is the only topic of conversation for a while. I haven't read LU yet and yeah, the 500+ pages are definitely having me re-think my buying trends!

CindyS

10:07 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Wendy, just when you thought it was safe to go out...


Cindy, yeah I don't know if the BIG BANG show can hang on. Didn't see CHUCK, and wasn't interested as it didn't have any appeal for me.

Unfortunately HEROES is one of those shows that can lose you if you miss an episode. Sometimes only small stuff happens and then wham-o you have a show with huge developments for all the characters. Who do you think Nathan saw in the mirror?

11:15 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Hey Rosie :D

I caught the premiere of Heroes. It was okay... I'm all sad for Hiro though.. when he comes back, it's going to be a shock for him... Liked Ando's hairstyle LOL :)

As for Nathan, I do think it's his face he saw... it's kind of weird that both he and Parkman suddenly lost their families ^^; I guess it's easier to have them single... As for this show, I think it's best to watch it in bulk LOL when there's a couple of eps. :P

4:43 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nath, you know I remember the first 2 or 3 eppys last year being complicated as we got to know the characters and the plot emerged. It's like we are starting a new graphic novel this season with everything pretty much back to square one.

You liked Ando's hair too? I actually commented on it and GG and my boys pretty much rolled their eyes. I'm in MUCH better company here. ;-)

6:40 AM PDT  
Blogger Casee said...

Rosie,

Dancing w/ the Stars has Jennie Garth, which is why I tuned in. LOL. I'm a huge 90210 fangirl and loved Kelly Taylor.

I'm definitely feel the pressure about my reviews on BB. Hopefully I won't let the readers down!

7:27 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Casee, how did Jennie do? I like her much better as a person than an actress. Anyone else interesting?

1:40 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

I think Nathan was seeing what he really looks like - the last thing I remember of last season was that he flew his brother up in the air and then the fire ball. So I'm thinking he was horribly burned - I'm just wondering why no one is seeing it.

CindyS

12:57 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Cindy, you and me babe, we're soooo on the same page with that one. Maybe there will be some enlightenment on Monday night. One can hope.

7:42 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home