A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Verdict In

Hopefully this ends the Shmoo Tales for awhile. A very reserved Shmoo came home 5 minutes before curfew. He'd changed clothes because he went over to a friend's house for a party after the dance. Friend's parents were home but apparently it didn't stop the cops from arriving on the scene shortly after Shmoo left. Shmoo got text messages from several kids who had just left or were stuck at the party when the po-po showed up. He left the party early because he said he didn't like it. Of course since he told me about the police I asked him what was going on... It was a huge relief to know that he left of his own accord and didn't partake. Yes, I know some of you may think I'm naive, but I have one older son and five brothers. I'm sure the kid came home clean.

Needless to say, he was glad he and GF#2 weren't there when the boys in blue arrived. I'm sure he'll hear all sorts of melodrama about those events today.

GF #1 didn't show up at the dance. He danced quite a bit with GF #2 who really isn't his GF but who decided last night she likes Shmoo. ::eye roll:: Wow! Like we didn't see that coming.

It's a wonderful day in neighborhood...


Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Jenster said...

I don't figure you for naive. I figure you for observant. :o)

11:05 AM PDT  
Blogger Dev said...

You're pretty savvy ~ I think you'd know if he did partake. So, GF#2 likes Schmoo now? Wow, shocker.

11:19 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

LOL, and the daytime soap continues LOL :) It seems it's so much harder to be a parent when the kids are older :D

so did he tell you why the police came?

7:11 PM PDT  
Blogger Kristie (J) said...

Well - I'm kind of liking the Shmoo stories. It brings back memories and it kind of makes sort of glad that my boys are out of the house (though they still come and see their mama on a regular basis) so I don't live with the drama on a daily basis - just on their visits *g*.

8:11 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Jen, Thanks for the vote of confidence. Us parents have to stick together. Don't you think being observant is mostly being interested in your kids? Mine fascinate me so I'm very interested. :)

Dev, yes. GF #2 likes Shmoo. Who knows what's next.

Nath, I remember my Mom saying all the time, "it doesn't get any easier when they get older." She was so right!

We think the police came because of a call about noise and music. It's all rumors about who, if anyone, got arrested. If they saw minors drunk I would guess the parents at the very least would be in a heap of trouble.

Kristie, you know GG and I have always thought it would be no big deal for the boys to hang around for as long as they needed to. But I'm telling you the last six weeks or so we are re-thinking. Maybe NOT knowing everything on a daily basis would be good. :)

10:45 PM PDT  
Blogger Holly said...

My internet was in and out all weekend, so I didn't have a chance to read these until now. Can I just say..the HS drama had exhausted me. LOL

Glad he had a good time at the dance if not the party, and just to agree...I don't consider you naive at all. Just a really good mom.

9:50 AM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

Just wanted to pipe up and say that you aren't naive at all - mother's know before anyone else. My mother knew my brother smoked (and still does) but he denies it. I'm thinking he has done pot also and my mother probably knows this too but keeps her yap shut. Either that or she just thinks he gets drunk.

And if GF#2 hadn't fallen for Schmoo I would have been surprised. He looked handsome even though he refused to smile ;)

CindyS

9:58 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Holly, the kid's exhausting sometimes. Things seem to have settled down for the moment, but then again, it's only Tuesday.

Cindy, so we seem to be on an every other day schedule. GF #1 made a brief appearance at the house on Sunday afternoon after I wrote my post. GF #2 was over this evening. He says he's in no mood to commit to anyone (FINE with me) and both girls know about the other, so cool. Does make for some interesting convos w/Shmoo though. Poor GG's head is spinning and he's so nervous he's going to forget or mix up names. Now that's entertainment.

11:20 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home