Happy Holidays from Book Binge
So those magnificent wenches at BOOK BINGE, Holly, Rowena, Isabel and Casee are having a wang-doodle of a contest this month. Go check it out. All you have to do is answer a few Christmas-y questions.
Then on January 5th they'll draw a name from all the participants to win an Ebookwise. Now I've been talking about buying one of these babies for the past three months and been hinting for one from Santa. However, since GG and I bought the new TV for ourselves getting one as a surprise from Santa is out of the question. So woo-hoo for this contest and a chance to win one!
1. What is your favorite Christmas romance to re-read each year? I don't re-read it each year, but by far my favorite Christmas romance is by Marilyn Pappano called, A Season for Miracles. There's a Hallmark Hall of Fame movie by the same name too.
2. What is your favorite Christmas movie/show? This is a toughie. Ummm...White Christmas, it's a musical and I'm a sucker for that. Oh, and also Sleepless in Seattle. I know it's not a traditional Christmas movie, but since it starts out at Christmas time I always associate it with Christmas. I have to give an honorable mention to It's a Wonderful Life, The Muppet Christmas Carol and more recently Elf because my boys love them and watch them every year.
3. What is your favorite Christmas cookie? It's an Italian cookie we make on a pizzelle iron. Americans call the cookie pizzelle. My Italian grandmother called them congelati.
4. When do you start Christmas shopping? Lordy, whenever the mood strikes. If I see something in June that I know will make a stellar Christmas gift I'll buy it and put it away. Mostly about mid-November though.
5. Do you re-gift? Never.
6. What is your favorite Christmas song? Like SL Wendy we love the Chipmunk song too. I have several Christmas CDs I love and most of them are mixes of new and old artists singing Christmas classics. But my family has a tradition of singing The Twelve Days of Christmas each year, so that's a fave too.
7. When do you get your Christmas tree? We put our tree up the Saturday after Thanksgiving. You only get about a month of Christmas decorations so you might as well enjoy them as much as you can.
8. Wrapping presents: Love it or hate it? Mostly love it. Especially when I have time to plan the wrapping. Some years my wrapping is an event. Some years not.
9. Who is the hardest person to buy for? Used to be my Mom hands down. Now...probably my Dad.
10. Christmas tree: Real or artificial? Artificial. The 'real' trees in SoCal leave a lot to be desired. I think they're cut in Oregon and Washington (state of) in early November and trucked down here. We've done a living tree a couple of times, but usually want something a bit bigger so have been happy with our current artificial for a few years now.
So what are you waiting for?! Go do yours now and link back to Book Binge for your chance to win.
Pssst...*whispers* it's sooo much fun to do!